- Manufacturing and tooling
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
Dyson products are world class, utilising technology in different ways and pushing performance ever higher with each new generation of launches. Our technical engineering teams play a pivotal role in the product development cycle by providing analytical understanding and application in all product categories. Reporting to the Global Head of Technology for Environmental Control and Lighting, this role is crucial to co-ordinate & direct the activities of the technical engineering team across one our project to deliver the technical solutions. The candidate will be required to work closely and collaboratively internally across all technical functions to deliver engineering solutions, as well as collaborate externally with academic partners to build a robust human capital pipeline for the region
- Responsible for the co-ordination & direction of a group of multi-discipline Engineers working across the technical solutions, drives engineering team performance, equipping and empowering the team to find and implement clear directions through complex challenges
- As part of the product development team, you will drive technical insights and develop Dyson engineering practices to continuously improve overall engineering quality
- Co-ordinate and conduct analytical activities which may involve practical experiments, computer simulations or hand calculations to ensure our products perform against specification at every stage of our product development process
- Explain findings, conclusions and recommendations of work done to Directors, Heads of Category, Design Managers and senior Management in a clear and concise manner
- Provides exceptional functional leadership to the team, ensuring diligent approaches are adopted and world class processes followed in every aspect of the teams’ activity from running team meetings to specialist facilities management.
- Focus on improving processes and ways of working across the engineering team, to foster knowledge sharing, innovation and resilience in the rapidly changing environment of a growing company
- A good Engineering/ Science/ Math Degree with expertise in working on motors/ acoustics/ fluid dynamics or structural and manufacturing analysis within a fast growing and robust environment
- Proven experience in leading and scaling teams in a sustainable manner
- Ability to apply cross-discipline technical knowledge to challenges/ problems Dyson is solving
- Experience of working with the ANSYS suite of analysis tools, NX and Siemens Team Center would be advantageous
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues in an appropriate, concise and accurate fashion, both in writing and verbally.
- Highly driven individual who strives for accurate results in every aspect of your work.
- Persistent approach to problem solving and an inquisitive nature
- Possessing a growth mind-set, you are an engineer at heart, with a genuine interest in technology and people.