- Research Engineering
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
SEA Prototyping Team, major activities are producing prototypes with the latest rapid prototyping technology This Engineering Model Maker role is responsible to make 3D scale models or mock-ups, new product design with good finishing effects for display and technical concepts study, engineering cutaway, or make complicated technical ideas for easier to understand.
• You are responsible to hands-on in performing cut, shape, and form plastic, metal parts or industrial clay, using milling, lathes, power saws, snips and shears, files, and mallets.
• You can sets up as well as operates variety of machines (Conventional milling/lathe machines) to fabricate prototypes, patterns, parts, and also models for mechanical parts, devices, or equipment, like jigs & fixtures, part cutaway, mock-up model, according to engineering drawing specifications.
• You can studies drawings plus sketches of proposed prototypes or mock-up & confer with engineering personnel to plan design details model operation and to determine material dimensions, required equipment, and operations sequences.
• You are qualified to sprays surfaces of machines, manufactured products, or working area with protective or decorative material, such as paint, enamel, glaze, gel-coat, or lacquer, using spray gun, according to knowledge of painting technique.
• You are equipped with capability to clean grease and dirt from product, using materials, such as lacquer thinner, turpentine, soap, and water.
• You are equipped with skills to apply masking tape over parts and areas that are not to be coated.
• You are equipped with skills to fill cavities and dents with putty, hands-on with sanding technique to attain smooth surface.
• You are qualified to select and mixes coating liquid to produce desired colour, according to specifications, using paddle or mechanical mixer.
• You can rework, modify or alter component model or parts as required to ensure the qualities of works are in good condition and within required specification.
• You will support the Vacuum Casting operation, thorough understanding of the:-
I. Polyurethane casting process and the equipment to use.
II. Principles of Silicone Mold design and fabrication.
• You need to ensure the qualities of work are in good condition and within required specification.
• Work with minimum supervision and report status to line manager.
• Communicate effectively to all level within organization
• Carry out the machines preventive maintenance schedule / plan
• Carry out the schedule waste procedures.
• You are responsible for safety & health matters and safe operation of rapid prototyping machines in workshop, housekeeping & 5S.
• Arrange delivery, receive, pack, unpack and check all prototyping samples.
• Candidate must possess at least a degree in Industrial Design, or Mechanical Engineering
• Must have 2 - 4 years of experience in model making or prototyping industries
• Understanding of Polyurethane material, mix ratios and pigments
• Portfolio and examples of models are required during interview process.
• Knowledge and experience in 3D CADCAM, understanding mechanical drawings and measuring technique of engineering parameters will be an added advantage.
• Knowledge of prototyping techniques and rapid prototyping
• Understanding plastic / metal part design and process.
• Understanding assembly/manufacturing processes related to domestic appliances.
• Competent in basic Microsoft Office.
• Aptitude for trouble shooting and problem solving.
• Able to cope with the physical demands of the job. The ability to work safely around chemicals and equipment.
• No allergies related to paints, solvents or dust.
• Normal colour vision and good eye coordination to perform details work.
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition.
*We only consider experienced candidate for this position. Fresh Graduates please refer to our Graduate Program*