- Facilities, Security and Risk
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
The EHS Manager develops, plans, directs, and implements environmental, health and safety (EHS) programs to ensure compliance, reduce risk, and identify and resolve EHS program gaps and deficiencies and has responsibility for developing EHS management strategies for the plant.
- Plans, develops and implements EHS management strategy, programs, policies and procedures that ensures full compliance with applicable laws, regulations and customer requirements.
- Leads a facility EHS review process to help management detect accident/health hazards and determine corrective or preventative measures and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented and are producing the desired results.
- Provides leadership in the investigation of serious accidents and injuries and ensures that local resources fully cooperate in the preparation of material and evidence for organization use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations.
- Compiles and submits KPIs & metrics on EHS events and provides updates on the progress towards EHS targets, on site EHS and facility activities, and any agency/regulatory inspections/violations.
- Ensures that EHS/ facility Team remains up-to-date and conversant with relevant laws, regulations and other statutory requirements that impact EHS across their local areas of responsibility.
- Manages all internal and external EHS audits and programs (e.g. FM Global, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001), develop action plans to resolve findings, and implement countermeasures promptly and effectively.
- Serves as the Site contact for relevant government agencies, the point of contact for the company.
- Leads in EHS projects and coordinate project plans and execution as assigned
- Comply and adhere to the regulatory and company EHS requirement.
- Advises, coaches and supports facilities teams in identifying, scoping and implementing energy savings and sustainability improvements
- The candidate will have a minimum of 8 years’ experience in managing EHS in a MNC company
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record of driving the EHS agenda and must possess the ability to engage the workforce at all levels in the journey to build a strong EHS culture and a collaborative team-oriented approach to EHS management across the business.
- Candidates must have broad EHS experience, including working-level subject matter expertise, project/process leadership and department or functional area management.