- Manufacturing and tooling
- Singapore - Singapore
We are looking for experienced Equipment Engineers to join the Manufacturing team with the ability to work cross functionally, prioritize and make things happen. Supporting the business to manufacture Dyson Digital Motor, this person should be excited about the challenges and growth that this opportunity will give to them.
- Minimise equipment downtime with Best-In-Class indices for OEE, MTBF, Yield, etc.
- Execute effective PM & production line support.
- Develop a competent technical support team & minimize reliance on equipment suppliers technical support.
- Develop the necessary technical competencies and equipment capabilities to meet operational performance targets within the approved equipment budget
- Establish plans and strategies to meet and surpass manufacturing performance indices (eg OEE, MTBF, Yield, etc), set targets/goals and projects for the section to reduce defects, minimize scrap, asset cost per unit
- Provide guidance and training to the maintenance team in order to enhance the effectiveness of trouble shooting and knowledge sharing.
- Ensure smooth start up of new equipment together with manufacturing engineers and equipment vendors
- Establish all equipment specifications, troubleshooting and PM procedures, and ensure their compliance with corporate & regulatory requirements and procedures.
- Liaise with equipment vendors and spare parts suppliers continuously to develop new methods to achieve low cost maintenance system and cost excellence
- Manage equipment servicing contracts with suppliers.
- Lead and drive the team to participate in all continuous improvement projects related to cost, quality, utilization & productivity using Six-Sigma or similar applicable methodology such as Cpk, FMEA, TPM, Lean, etc.
- possess a Degree in Mechanical/Mechatronics/ Electronics Engineering or equivalent discipline
- come with minimum 3 - 5 years working experience in the field of Automation and Equipment Engineering
- be proficiency in automated equipment troubleshooting techniques and preventive maintenance methodology
- have good knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic and electrical systems
- be able to read and understand mechanical blueprints and electronic schematics
- need to be have strong problem-solving & analytical skills, as well as good knowledge in Cpk & statistics
- possess good leadership/presentation/communication/team building skills
- be self motivated, hands on and a good team player
- have the ability to work under pressure
- have demonstrated your ability to design and implement effective systems, processes and information/reporting mechanisms.
- are experienced with servo motors, pneumatics, Staubli robots, Siemens PLC, Labview software, tool design and CAD drawing