- London - United Kingdom
We’re looking for an Experience Designer with a hands-on approach to translating business requirements into the most optimum mobile and web user experience that is efficient, cost effective and maximizes user interaction and ROI. You’ll work across our 4 portfolio categories (of Personal Care, Floorcare, Environmental Care and Lighting), across a diverse range of platforms, products and services. Every project brings new and interesting challenges. You’ll create experiences across our e-commerce platform and apps, digital media and social, third party platforms, as well as digital experiences in physical spaces. You’ll join our European Centre of Excellence based in Fitzrovia. A blended cross-discipline team of media and performance specialists, customer experience leads, strategists, analysts, producers, visual designers, creatives and copywriters. We believe that problems are best solved via collaborative exploration, you will work in multi-disciplinary highly collaborative teams both within the Regional Centre and in-market. If you are someone who feels comfortable in a busy and autonomous environment and are up for taking on exciting UX challenge... Dyson is the place for you.
- Planning and conducting (where applicable) primary and secondary (lean) research to understand the needs of the customer.
- Designing clear, elegant user flows and interfaces that make the complex simple
- Understanding Dyson’s owners and future customers and their behaviour.
- Identifying user requirements.
- Taking part in discovery, workshop and co-design sessions with clients and colleagues.
- Creating personas, user scenarios and journeys, process flows, information architecture diagrams, wireframes, and more, to create and communicate the customer experience.
- Thinking conceptually, as well as obsessing over the detail.
- Working on multiple projects at the same time.
- Work with data analysts to understand how experiences are performing.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design methodologies.
- Degree level education in design, HCI, computing or similar.
- 5 years + working in the User Experience/ Service Design space.
- A drive to keep up with the emerging digital trends and culture, and engaging with the wider digital creative community.
- A strong ability to think strategically.
- Confidence in communicating, defending, and building consensus around UX architecture.
- Solid understanding of user-centred design methods across the full UX lifecycle
- Experience in diagramming, design and prototyping tools such as Omnigraffle, Sketch, and Invision.
- Visual design skills a plus.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with cross-functional teams
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines