- Salary will be based upon experience and credentials.
- Chicago - USA
The Global Innovation Hub Experience Designer will drive UX strategy and interaction design to create service and ownership models that engage and inspire. They will need to have a strong understanding of design thinking, human-centered design, human computer interaction, and are fluent in the latest technology trends.
We’re looking for candidates that think beyond just interfaces and apps and want to work across multiple touch points. We’ll be looking at the full user end-to-end experience. The ideal candidate is an innovative problem solver, self-starter, and strong collaborator who excels in a fast-paced environment.
- Participate in concept sessions leveraging ethnographic research and design thinking.
- Introduce trends and exemplars across a variety of emerging technologies like AI, IoT, VR, and AR.
- Hands on delivery of concepts, personas, user journeys, storyboards, system maps, user flows, wireframes, visual design comps, and prototypes with Sketch, Adobe CS, InVision, and other tools.
- Balance customer frictions and needs with our business goals, market viability, and technical feasibility.
- Incorporate user research and usability testing to iterate on solutions.
- Collaborate effectively with multi-disciplinary teams including category managers, engineers, marketers, and corporate executives.
- Communicate the vision and articulate design decisions and trade-offs both verbally and visually.
- Partner with Engineering to ensure designs are properly implemented.
SkillsExperience & Education:
- University degree in related field (BA, BS, MA)
- 3+ years of relevant experience in User Experience Design
- Proven experience delivering concepts, personas, user journeys, storyboards, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, etc.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- High proficiency in Adobe CC, Sketch & Figma (or any similar design platforms)
- Extremely high creative, technical and analytical skills
- Good knowledge of HCD/UX principles
- A self-starter with an ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment
- Very high standard of attention to detail throughout all their work
- Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, and team-oriented environment
- A visionary who is always looking to learn
- Proactive – always looking for ways to improve
- Ability to travel up to 25%