- SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
- Mechanical Engineering
- Singapore - Singapore
The Technology System Department encompasses three key groups – Performance Test, Analysis, and Systems Engineering. This role resides within the Analysis group, which provides technical leadership in the fields of flow, thermal management, acoustic and vibration, structural dynamics and mechanics of materials.
This position is recognized as a solid independent contributor possessing an in-depth knowledge of a discipline, and looked upon by junior engineers to provide directions. This individual is expected to lead discipline team to resolve technical challenges within the project, while demonstrating effective communication skills. It is necessary for someone in this role to be able to do the work and effectively teach what they know to other employees.
- Drives discipline team to support departmental goals and long term technology road map. Plan and manage progress of actions, in order to deliver on time.
- Provide inputs to yearly goal setting.
- Holds responsibility to deliver to assigned projects in area of Structural and Moulding analyses.
- May own design specifications within projects and could be expected to ensure that the product design satisfy the requirements.
- Manage related technical risk actively and provide mitigations as needed. Ensure timely closure of risk items.
- Resolve FRACAS in timely manner.
- Provide technical oversight to junior members of team in area of Structural and Moulding Analysis.
- Take ownership of personal career development by setting out immediate and long term plan together with line manager.
- May manage development plan of discipline engineers. Coach discipline engineers as part of their development plan.
- Expected to resolve problems within project effectively while managing stakeholders’ expectations. May lead discipline or cross-functional team during such resolution.
- Expected to proactively identify areas of improvement and to propose and implement improvements.
- Actively manage lessons learnt database to ensure sharing of past learning.
- A Bachelor degree in mechanical/mechatronics engineering or equivalent, preferred applicants have a Master degree.
- Five years of experience in mechanical product analysis & development, preferably in the consumer electrical appliance industry.
- In-depth knowledge of solid mechanics, engineering mechanics, and structural mechanics.
- In-depth understanding of the principles and application of structural analysis (FEA), and/or molding process analysis, modal/vibration analysis.
- Advanced user in UG NX and ANSYS.
- Experience in hardware and software for measurement and data acquisition (e.g. B&K Pulse, strain gauge, MATLAB and Labview, etc.) is preferred.
- Ability to gather information systematically to establish facts and principles required to solve complex problems within the project, typically without precedents.
- Demonstrated ability to assess multiple viewpoints/argument independently, and determine technical path forward for project.
- Proficient in root cause analysis techniques. Able to coach less experienced engineers.
- Ability to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and coordinate the work of others, typically within a project team.
- Able to identify and manage technical risks within projects. Expected to provide mitigation plans, with impact across the project. Proficient in FMEA techniques and able to coach less experienced engineers.