- Quality and Reliability
Dyson began twenty one years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Japan, Europe and Australasia.
- Manage the operation and maintenance of the Technology Center and facilities equipment to fully meet R&D and Operations stakeholders’ requirements.
- Manage soft services to ensure the service providers meet Dyson’s high expectations on cleaning, vector control, landscaping, transport, canteen operation and food quality. Work with service providers on regular cost and quality improvements.
- Manage hard services to ensure building, compound and fixtures, and all facilities equipment are maintained at the optimum performance level. To track their performance level and capacity utilization regularly.
- Perform strategic planning on space and plant equipment, and make recommendation to Senior Management.
- Responsible for projects management, security operation, and safety, environment and health compliances.
- Manage property / facilities related procurement, license and permit renewal, cost management, visitor management and end-users’ work requests.
- Perform trouble-shooting of complex technical issues and provide suitable engineering solutions. To present the issues and solutions to Senior Management, and to justify resources to rectify the issues or make improvements.
- Upkeep standard operating procedures to ensure Code, ISO, Insurer and Dyson’s protocol compliance.
- Responsible for people training and development.
- Support other sites’ work requests when called upon.
- Master / Bachelor Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from a reputable University.
- At least 10 years of working experience in Facilities or Property job responsibilities, and minimum 5 years of working experience in the managerial capacity of Facilities or Property Management.
- Work experiences in Manufacturing or Laboratory environment is preferred.
- Highly proficient in systematic problem solving techniques, like FMEA, SPC, 8D problem solving technique and maintenance program, including predictive maintenance.
- Familiar with construction rates of materials, skilled labor and installation methods.
- Familiar with Local Code of Practices, especially on Safety, Health and Environment.
- Professional Certification(s) in Engineering or Facilities Management is preferred.
- Strong planning and organizing capability.
- Good knowledge in Facilities equipment and installation methods.
- Proficient in strategic thinking and analytical skills in trouble shooting.
- Strong in Facilities Operations & Maintenance background, & end-users’ work requirements.
- Excellent in management and communication skills.
- Strong team player and able to work independently.
- Diligent, committed and open to new ideas.