- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
We need a film maker to join our Group film team in Malmesbury, Wiltshire, making films that bring to life Dyson technology, products and stories. To work with producers and in-house creative, with responsibility of excellence in creative and production standards. This is a global role, making content for international use, setting the standard for our markets to follow.
AccountabilitiesThe work varies a lot; traditional TV commercial formats, quirky social films, documentary, animation. We have our own on-site 2000 sq ft film studio, but when needed we work with external, specialist teams as well.
In most cases the film maker will act as an in-house director, creating a vision for a film and working with producers to make it happen in the best and most appropriate way, given budget, timings and other considerations.
You need to understand spectacular production values, as well as being able to innovate and turn things around quickly and to a vast array of budgets and timescales. You need to be comfortable directing a full technical crew to the very highest level, but not afraid to pick up a camera and shoot and edit something yourself.
The film maker must lead the creative aspects of the film making process, collaborating with other creative teams. It is their responsibility that the films communicate messages and stories clearly and in the strongest possible way.
- Should have a few years of experience as a Director on short-form film making.
- Must have experience of self-shooting and editing to a good standard.
- Proven experience in combining live action with CG and VFX, with a full understanding of the post production process.
- Ability to create compelling short-form documentary films.
- Proven experience briefing creative to external companies and agencies.
- Good eye for multi-platform film making – for mobile etc.
- Hands on post production experience – grading, VFX and sound design.
- Ability to light and shoot a scene with minimal help.
- Understanding and some experience in production; finding the best talent for a job.
- A good understanding of the global social media landscape.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines