- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
At Dyson we challenge convention, continually experiment and see opportunities where others see problems. The way we produce film content is no different – we’ve always set ourselves the challenge of using innovative approaches that others wouldn’t think of. This is a continual focus as our competitors get better and faster at copying us, so trying new things is an ingrained way of working and culture.
The role is part of a team of Film and Content Producers, all reporting into the Lead Content Producer, working within the Planning & Operations team, based in Malmesbury.
The Film Producer is responsible for delivering a wide variety of film content, briefs can be globally focused on New Product Development launches (NPD) as well as individual bespoke market campaigns. Coverage will span from initial brief through to final delivery, managing all aspects to ensure we deliver compelling creative, with high production values, on schedule and within budget, keeping Dyson ahead of the competition. The role requires line-producing skills, and an ability to work hand-in-hand with the in-house filmmakers, as well as working with 3rd party suppliers where appropriate.
· To agree detailed briefs and specifications for individual projects - interrogating brief owners together with the filmmakers and ensuring requirements are justifiable, achievable and meet the overall business objectives.
· To manage production and detailed timelines of projects, giving stakeholders the visibility of plans and progress against them.
· Influence technical delivery methods at the earliest stage in the campaign development process, using credible production approaches based on line-production experience and what can work for Dyson in a given scenario. Giving creatives (filmmakers/art directors/copy writers) clear parameters to work within.
· To contract external crew and kit, undertake logistics, produce shooting schedules, risk assessments and call sheets in collaboration with in house filmmakers for in house productions.
· To develop relationships with external studios and suppliers and be comfortable outsourcing productions from start to completion.
· To build and manage budgets for 3rd party production and in-house production, negotiating on costs where appropriate and communicating them clearly to project managers and being responsible for raising all purchase orders for productions.
· To communicate clearly and regularly with Project Managers, project stakeholders and senior members of the team.
· To manage project risk and issues, escalating where appropriate to senior Production colleagues or the Head of Production, or where appropriate, Project Managers.
· To attend the weekly Planning & Operations meeting, armed with updates, risks & issues for discussion.
· To collaborate closely with the all Production teams (film/content/TV/imagery), keeping them up-to-date with appropriate information.
· To check that all approvals are sought and given prior to release of any work
· To identify continuous improvements and cost reductions in production through careful cost negotiation, detailed planning and analysis of wider content requirements to ensure efficiencies are made where possible.
· Work with Procurement to identify, source and set-up new suppliers to expand the team’s supplier base.
· Develop an understanding of Dyson’s financial and administration systems.
· To prioritise, plan and organise the workload of the film team and ensure individuals are briefed thoroughly and that deadlines are agreed and met.
- Proven success and experience in line-producing to the highest industry standards
- Strong team player – approachable, collaborative using great behaviors
- Influencing skills ability to drive better ways to deliver
- Emotionally Intelligent with a strong sense of self-awareness
- A keen interest / passion in making content in and outside of the workplace
- Solid understanding of CGI
- Project management and production skill set
- Purchasing and negotiating skills - specifically in relation to all production line-items
- Pragmatic and decisive – be able to respond to creative, technical and decision-making challenges (filming and editing) with speed and accuracy and deliver effective solutions
- Energetic, engaging, confident and positive
- Multi tasker – be able to juggle priorities across multiple needs
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure delivering multiple projects
- Experience managing large budgets £250,000+
- Flexible team player
- Work hours vary during production and can involve evening and weekend work
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Free on-site parking
- Sport centre
- Life assurance
- Performance related bonus
- Pension scheme
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays