- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
The GB Finance team supports the market with commercial finance analysis, P&L analysis, forecasting, finance processes and preparation of reporting packs. This provides a fantastic opportunity to provide commercial finance support to the market on a fixed term contract basis.
AccountabilitiesCore responsibilities will include:
- Acting as the Finance Management Accountant for the Marketing Director and team.
- Support the Marketing team with control and analysis of BBI. Develop and update BBI trackers with proposed and actual spend, liaise with Finance Centre of Excellence (FCOE) to ensure accurate month end accruals position.
- Ensure purchase order compliance is maintained and supplier / invoice queries are resolved.
- Partner the category Marketing Managers to plan investment, ring fence activities and realise savings where appropriate.
- Liaise with Group Sales & Marketing Finance team to understand reporting and analysis requirements around BBI investment.
- Support the GB Finance Manager across areas of the P&L including logistics, Customer Services, G&A overheads. Preparation of forecasts, reporting and analysis of costs and headcount.
- Ownership of the monthly inventory provision process. Understand key drivers of changes in provision, seek opportunities to minimise increases in provision, flag risks to the P&L due to changes in practice or trends.
- Support the monthly commercial planning cycle with production of pre-reads, analysis when required.
- Provide analysis of the monthly performance and key drivers to feed in to commentaries and finance reviews.
- Liaise with FCOE through the monthly close process to understand journals and transactions. Review key balance sheet accounts to ensure all balances are understood and action plans are in place to remove risk.
- Develop strong understanding of finance tools and reporting packs to deliver improvements and updates when required.
- Understand impact of any system process changes and implement, sharing best practice with Ireland FM.
- Identify and implement improvements in reporting.
- Update forms and documents as required.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and information as necessary
- Provide cover and support within the team to maintain internal customer service levels in times of absence and workload prioritisation
- Identify problems and find solutions for existing processes
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA / CIMA / ACA)
- Good business partnering abilities
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Month end and KPI reporting
- Good customer and cross functional interface capabilities
- Good communication and team skills
- Aptitude for picking up systems and processes
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines