- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
About the roleThe role is based at Dyson HQ, Malmesbury. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology). The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world; it’s an exciting place to be.The Global Overheads Finance team has experienced growth within Dyson as its remit has expanded from a team business partnering Group functions to include SEA Operations. The team covers support functions such as IT, Estates, Finance, Legal, HR and Directors across the entire organisation. There is varied activity across these functions as they evolve and mature within the business and support its fast-paced growth.
- Manage global recharges and automated recharge cycles
- Month-end responsibilities covering variance analysis, prepayments/accruals, journal posting and loading forecasts
- To build strong relations across Group Finance, the Estates team, SEA Finance and Markets to provide financial support to cost control decision making
- Balance sheet reconciliations to Head of Central Functions Reporting
- Monthly report preparation for Business Area Heads
- Develop and drive business analysis through data modelling and data interrogation
- Manage Family Office, support year end audit, PO Compliance reporting
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis
- Process improvement projects
- Manage and develop KPIs where appropriate with Cost Centre managers
- Qualified Accountant, ideally 1-2yr PQE (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent
- Excellent analytical ability – comfortable assimilating and interpreting data and information to draw out meaningful insight and conclusions, and capable of using this to influence decision making.
- Both competent and confident when presenting information, when presenting financial information to senior non-finance stakeholders. Written communication style is clear and concise.
- Flexible and pragmatic in approach; balances areas requiring focus with recognition of the importance of avoiding unnecessary delays to progress.
- Energetic and engaging with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude; a problem solver.
- Able to develop and maintain strong relationships with colleagues; a team player and proven business partner.
- IT skill
- Very strong Excel skills including pivot tables, lookups
- SAP Experience desirable
- OneStream experience desirable
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.