- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
About the role“We are looking for a high calibre experienced financial analyst to join the FP&A team. This person should be excited about the challenges and growth that this opportunity will give to them.”
This role will be a key member of the Global RDD & Operation - FP&A Capex team based in Malaysia. The team is responsible for the capex costs across Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines and UK. The successful candidate needs to be eager to learn and be confident in working closely with all our business partners across the region. Looking ahead this role offers the right person the chance to build an exciting career in a dynamic and growing company.
- Month end close and monthly management reporting for the entire SEA region. Work with different parts of the finance team across different sites to achieve this
- Review monthly depreciation and capex actual results, analyse the variance between actual and budget, and forecast future performance (monthly LE). Present the data in a clear and insightful manner in meetings with senior executives
- Annual budgeting, and long- range plan exercise
- Support the FP&A manager to standardize and streamline month end, reporting & forecasting processes
- Be comfortable dealing with and working through issues and operational challenges with project teams and other stakeholders, getting into details to ensure you understand the cost drivers of the business and can provide insight to non finance members of the Dyson team
- Support and work on other process improvement projects and lean initiatives
- Be resourceful in dealing with and influencing all your business partners within finance and outside
- Enforce proper accounting methods, and company policies
- A significant portion of your time will be spent working on ad hoc tasks. Many will relate to your core responsibilities, but you will be keen to take on other challenges
- Take ownership of facilitation and creation of accurate project plans with clearly defined milestones, deliverables and tasks
- You will proactively and continuously improve everything you encounter
- Working closely with external outsourcing company related to assets capitalization and review Capwip aging
- Coordinate regular assets tagging for assets own by SEA entities that located internally within Dyson and at external vendors.
- Ensure full compliance of Group Fixed Assets Policy
- Provide a listing of assets by location and value to Head of Insurance in UK twice a year.
About youEssential Technical:
- Fluent English
- Qualified accountant with operational and commercial financial reporting experience, with at least 3 years of relevant experience
- Strong proven technical accounting capabilities (for example Big-4 trained)
- Strong excel and system skills which promote efficient working
- Experienced SAP user
- Excellent interpersonal and business skills
- Able to independently lead initiatives and people to successful outcomes, whether that be through peers, and / or business partners
- Commercially minded. Balances supporting the business and controlling it
- Naturally drives for results, looks to add value; energetic, engaging and positive approach
- Instinctively lean, looks to improve the control environment and make processes more efficient
- Strong communicator and influencer, both within and outside finance. Able to work with colleagues at different levels including senior management
- Curious and challenging nature
- Team player. Looking for continuous improvement of people management skills and experience working across multiple locations and functions
- Accurate and attentive to details
- Comfortable working in a changing environment typical of a fast-growing business
- Experience working in Operations hubs
- Technology and/or Manufacturing sector experience
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.