- Paris - France
Reporting to the European Finance Director and a key member of the France Exec team, the role is pivotal to driving the financial success of the France market through strategic analysis, reporting and financial challenge. A partner to the France MD, the role looks for continuous improvement and new ideas to drive the success of the Market. The role collaborates with Group Finance and Global Senior Heads to challenge current ways of working and generate new ideas to drive change and support the broader Finance agenda.
Accountabilities1. Financial Ownership of France business
- Enhance profitability and working capital through robust financial control, forecasting and reporting.
- Provide support and challenge to commercial decision areas of the business through value added analysis, at both a strategic and operational level, especially focussed on understanding sell-out and marketing spend efficiency.
- Input into formulation of France strategy ensuring risks and opportunities are identified and quantified.
- Champion the Dyson finance strategy core pillars of integrity and commercial success throughout the France business.
2. Work closely with multiple stakeholders
- Create strong working relationship both cross functionally and at the various levels of management.
- Challenge current methods of working driving efficiencies and increased profitability wherever possible.
- Develop the level of investment appraisal over advertising and promotional spend to ensure that we generate as much value as possible whilst benchmarking performance against other territories within Dyson.
- Ensure levels of overheads are appropriate to activity levels.
- Ensure shared goals with Customer Service Director to ensure we are serving our customers.
3. Lead and develop the Business Intelligence & Analytics team in France
- Lead the development of this new function ensuring analysis is prioritised to support the key strategies of the business
- Ensure insights are actionable and acted upon by the business team.
- Support other markets by sharing the output of this group.
4. Actively lead and contribute to the broader Group/Global/Europe Finance Agenda, driving new ways of working to support the development of the broader finance strategy.
- Generate and develop ideas for discussion at market and Group level to push boundaries in operational and strategic thinking.
- Develop strong market and group ties to ensure a collaborative approach to improve ways of working across all finance areas (business/process/systems).
5. Management and Reporting of France Financial Performance.
- Provide accurate monthly reporting of performance detailing variances from budget and target.
- Continual improvement of P&L and KPI Reporting for audiences at Board and Operational levels.
- Manage budget and LE process to ensure risks and opportunities are identified and understood, through review and challenge of commercial managers.
6. Develop and coach members of the France Finance Team
- Increase their involvement in decision making in the cost centres they are responsible for.
- Lead and motivate a team of people to ensure that they are developed and challenged in their roles to maximise their potential.
- Support HR strategies of people development, reward and resourcing.
- Coach, develop and lead direct reports in all areas of people management activity.
6. Fulfil other duties as required
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role.
- Fix things that you can see need fixing.
- Identify problems and find solutions.
SkillsYou will have strong commercial finance experience, with full P&L ownership, a recognised accounting qualification and will hold a degree.The successful candidate will have methodical business planning capability coupled with a high level of communication skills both verbal and written. Your ability to influence will be of a high standard as will your personal and business presentation skills.
From a competency perspective, you will possess inspirational leadership with an engaging and positive approach. You should have a commercial mindset; be decisive; and an excellent influencer of senior stakeholders and a collaborator across multiple functions. We envisage that you will be results-driven, have high levels of integrity with a • Self starter who sees things to completion• Assertive, prepared to see through plans and overcome objections• Intelligent, quick-thinking, alert• Calm, logical, comfortable with all levels• Results driven• High Integrity
- Discretionary bonus
- Health insurance
- Annual leave allowance
- Lunch voucher (7,5€)
- Free coffee and tea + free fruits + free sweets
- Discounted Dyson machines
- On-site parking for company cars only