- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
This role is responsible for managing all day to day core financial activities in the UK (and small activities in France and Portugal), including directorships of a number of UK based entities (Beeswax Dyson Farming Ltd, Dodington Commercial Properties Ltd, Weybourne Properties Ltd and Weybourne Investment Services Ltd, Weybourne Ltd). The UK finance team is approximately 10 strong covering core accounting activities such as bookkeeping, management accounting and annual reporting, accounts payable, some treasury support functions and adhoc project work. The Financial Controller and Family Finance Manager will report into this role.
Established in 2013, Weybourne is the Dyson family office. Weybourne manages investments and provides financial and other professional support to the Family, their estates, and business interests. We currently have a team of around 55 employees, whose roles cover accountancy, financial control, tax and treasury, property and investment management, security, risk, and HR based in the both the UK and Singapore.
Manage and oversee the financial affairs of Weybourne’s UK assets and interests, outside WHPL, the Group holding company. Arranging for production of entity specific budgets and forecasts across all the businesses.
Overall responsibility for financial record-keeping and reporting of the UK businesses, including Weybourne Ltd, ensuring appropriate financial records are maintained and operated within a well-controlled and disciplined financial environment.
Responsible for implementing, monitoring and reviewing monthly management reports for UK businesses. Arranging for production of entity specific statutory accounts and associated disclosures as needed (including Modern Slavery, UK tax policies etc).
Company secretarial and similar activities for UK businesses. Act as a statutory director of UK companies. Ensure that board meetings are held when needed and appropriate minutes are kept; timely management reporting and business metrics are made available to the boards to assist decision making. Coordinate with Corporate Secretarial Advisor to ensure all Companies House filings are made as needed and registers updated. Liaise with external legal advisors on company secretarial matters.
Ensuring UK entity specific policies and procedures are adopted, implemented and maintained across subsidiary businesses in line with local governance and compliance requirements.
Oversee the UK finance team to achieve:
o Timely production of monthly management accounts, including commentary and analysis against budget.
o Quarterly VAT returns.
o Preparation of annual budgets and monthly cash and P&L forecasts in support of the business managers.
o Liaison with external auditors, close out of year-end activities and production of relevant entity statutory accounts.
o Oversee and maintain a strong financial control environment across the family office including monthly reconciliations, segregation of activities, payment and banking controls etc.
o Finance representative and lead on project work and technology initiatives.
Work closely with the Head of Governance & Compliance to support the company’s governance structure.
Oversee the internal transfer pricing and recharge process for central family office costs to group entities, including a regular review of allocations, estimates and actual costs incurred to ensure sufficient substantive support for process. Continuous evaluation of processes and procedures to drive efficiency and best practices.
Ensure the UK Finance team work in harmony with the Group finance team based in Singapore to ensure alignment of policy, procedures and controls.
• Managing your team’s workload - planning aims, objectives and priorities.
• Managing your team’s time – assigning and delegating work appropriately.
• Ensuring you and your team abide by the company’s policies and procedures and conduct themselves in line with the Weybourne Values; Loyalty, Flexibility, Integrity, Initiative and Courage.
• Holding regular one-to-ones with/providing coaching and feedback to your direct reports.
• Conducting performance appraisals twice yearly with your direct reports, invoking performance management strategies where applicable.
• Developing and maintaining positive working relationships across the company and other family office entities.
• Proactively promoting and maintaining a high standard of work – taking initiative to resolve and/or draw attention to areas that don’t meet required standards or any issues that arise.
• Conducting yourself in line with the Weybourne Values.
• Any other ad hoc duties.
SkillsPerson specification / Core Competencies:
• Qualified accountant with significant PQE (ACA, ACCA or CIMA).
• Significant board level experience essential with prior experience in a senior Finance role.
• Experience of liaising with and managing third parties.
• Diligent, thorough and excellent attention to detail with high levels of integrity and confidentiality.
• Highly organised with strong prioritisation skills and a strong focus on deadlines.
• Flexible, good communication skills and a good team player
• Strong leadership capability
Benefits• 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
• Pension scheme
• Performance related bonus
• Life assurance
• Sport centre
• Free on-site parking
• Subsidised café and restaurants
• Discounts on Dyson machines