- Lincoln plus Home Working, United Kingdom
- Crops & Livestock – producing a range of commodity crops, vegetables, fruit, beef and lamb
- Technology & information – innovation in farming is a key area of development. We work collaboratively with machinery manufacturers, research institutes and technology companies whilst hosting our own in-house R&D team
- Renewable energy – the company has invested in anaerobic digestion plants, which use energy crops to produce renewable electricity to power farm infrastructure and is fed back to the national grid
- Property – the portfolio includes over 150 residential dwellings, and a range of commercial properties, a racing yard, gallops, workshops and storage facilities
About the roleWe are looking for a strong Finance Director with heavyweight commercial experience to join our team at the Head Office in Lincolnshire. A background in farming is not essential, but vision, drive, intuition and integrity are a must. This is an exciting opportunity to join the existing Senior Management team to drive forward the company’s strategic vision.
- As part of the Senior Management team, develop the long term strategic vision for the company, acting as a financial sounding board that supports and challenges the business.
- Analyse potential ventures, acquisitions and investments for both financial return and contribution to the wider strategic vision.
- Provide accurate financial information that enables the Board and Senior Management team to make decisions based on clear facts.
- Lead the existing Finance team, ensuring the quality of financial control and reporting is maintained. Identify and develop talent within the team.
- Be responsible for the tax function of the company including the delivery of tax compliance.
- Develop the quality of management information and planning in line with a growing business.
- Optimise and maintain the financial systems.
- Meet all external statutory reporting obligations.
- Manage relationships with external advisors such as auditors and banks.
- Provide concise, useful business information for the Board and other stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively with group companies on all aspects of financial reporting
- An individual with a sharp, critical mind to guide the Board and Senior Management team in assessing potential opportunities.
- Possess the skills to assess the financial return of potential investments, considering the overall strategic vision for the company.
- Demonstrate an agile, flexible approach as this is a brave, ambitious and entrepreneurial business - an individual who supports new ideas yet can balance these with the risks.
- Have a high degree of emotional intelligence, able to operate in a positive, forward thinking culture which is open to constructive criticism and challenge - a skilled influencer, capable of building strong working relationships at all levels.
- Solution focused able to take ownership of challenges and opportunities.
- The experience above will be underpinned by strong financial management and control skills with experience managing the P&L and Balance Sheet of a growing, diversified business.
- A recognised accountancy qualification - ACA, ACCA or CIMA.
- 24 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Performance related bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Private dental insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme – EAP
- Eyecare scheme
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.