- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
This is a fixed term contract for a period of 6 months within our Group Reporting function in Malmesbury.
AccountabilitiesInternal planning and management of compliance
- Plan the year end timetable from P13 through to the signing of the local statutory accounts and tax returns
- Liaise with group and local auditors to build their time and requests into the timetable
- Work with the outsourcer to design the online workflow to ensure tasks are mapped out to deliver to the deadlines
- Work with the outsourcer to keep user list and deadlines up to date within the workflow
- Communicate the plan to the Dyson FCoE team and review their progress throughout the process and offer guidance where required
- Liaise with legal to plan and arrange the signing process
- Manage the signing process; liaise with UK and local Directors, local auditors, local outsourcer and receive company secretarial guidance from the outsourcer’s central team.
- Assist FCoE with audit and outsourcer queries as required
Managing the ongoing engagement with the outsourcer
- Adapt, re-plan and manage any changes to the timeline caused by any delay
- Manage the purchase order and cost centre and reconcile change requests to the invoices on a quarterly basis
- Arrange the inter-company recharges
- Constantly consider the scope of the engagement and ensure all tasks are being upheld by the outsourcer and items are delivered on time
- Plan, arrange and lead the internal steering committee meetings
- Maintain a log of any issues and raise them at the steering committees
- Review and approve change requests after considering the scope and limitation of liability
- Consistently challenge both the external provider and internal teams to refine the process and produce greater efficiency
- Consider the model required based upon the type of finance function
- Inform the outsourcer of the requirement and scope
- Agree the fees
- Advise the finance team of the model and train them on the workflow
- Bring the entity into the timeline and planning
- Heavy involvement in the setup of the finance function, SAP set up and understand local compliance and reporting requirements
Other projects and ad-hoc
- Advise on and resolve technical accounting queries.
- Advise on and contribute to projects that impact the Accounting and Systems team.
- Update and advise on internal accounting policies.
- Qualified ACA accountant from a practice background (3 years+ PQE)
- Strong statutory accounting and compliance experience
- Strong project management and planning skills
- Flexible in approach with strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Strong character with the ability to lead, drive change and determine the most appropriate way forward
- Confident and able to have some difficult conversations and deliver difficult messages to Director level
- The ability to adapt the plan to ensure deadlines are met
- Understand what is involved in the preparation of Financial Statements and tax returns and how the signing process works.
- Previous experience of managing compliance in practice would be desirable.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines