- Singapore - Singapore
The In House Manufacturing Finance Team oversee the financial operations of the in house manufacturing sites of Dyson in Singapore, Philippines and Malaysia. It is part of the Financial Control Team with the objective of working with its stakeholders on financial planning and analysis, management reporting, process and systems controls to assist them in delivering key operation objectives. The team’s goal is to develop and maintain a flexible and collaborative working relationship with the stakeholders to achieve all common objectives while at the same time maintain a highly effective control environment of the organisation.
About the roleThe Finance Manager for In House Manufacturing will be responsible for various aspects of day to day finance operations of the in house manufacturing sites. The incumbent will business partner with key stakeholders from the in house manufacturing sites to deliver key finance and operations KPIs.
From time to time, the incumbent will also be involved in ad hoc analysis together with their stakeholders on new opportunities identified. This will include but not limited to the costings of new in house manufactured technology, site growth initiatives etc.
The role is a key position of the in house manufacturing finance function and allows the incumbent a great opportunity to develop a thorough understanding of Dyson’s in house manufacturing technology.
The role reports into the Senior Finance Manager – In House Manufacturing.
- Business Partner with senior management team at the In house manufacturing sites to support achievement of the site’s goals and objectives
- Manage in the month end close activities for your technology
- Lead the budget planning and forecast activities for your area
- Prepare manufacturing costs analysis
- Collaborate with RDD teams in the preparation and tracking of product cost of future products in development
- Work with relevant stakeholders to identify opportunities to drive manufacturing efficiency and cost savings
- Manage the inventory control of raw materials, sub assemblies, spares parts as well as finish products to maintain optimal inventory position
- Prepare analysis on an ad hoc basis as required
- Review of key processes to drive process improvements
- Qualified Accountant or equivalent post graduate qualification with manufacturing and costing experience.
- At least 7 to 8 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in rigorous financial planning, analysis and/or strategy experience
- Experience in engineering environment an advantage
- Excellent analytical ability and Excel spreadsheet skills
- Good planning and organisation skills
- Ability to understand concepts and ideas quickly and model data in meaningful ways
- Naturally Inquisitive - comfortable and willing to interrogate existing process and systems
- Proactive in proposing ideas to challenge status quo
- Experience in working across functions and cultures and dealing with remote teams
- Excellent personal and business presentation skills, in particular the presentation of financial information to non-finance managers and directors
- Assertive and able to influence upwards and peers
- Good spoken & written English
- Has strong sense of operational discipline and ability to meet deadlines
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.