- Singapore - Singapore
Our Finance team manages and balances complex budgets across our global business. Multiple regions, multiple categories and covering all aspects of the finance cycle. The team provides control and stability, which enables our family-owned business to be agile, adapt to constant change and focus on growth.
About the roleThe Senior Finance Manager (Retail) is responsible for leading global governance and the centre of expertise for the Direct Retail channel. The role supports the executive team in helping ensure that the strategy and performance of our direct retail portfolio is aligned with the business and financial objectives of our new operating model. The role will collaborate with business and financial stakeholders, across group and market levels, to (i) drive retail governance, (ii) provide global retail performance reporting (iii) develop new retail models and ways of working, as well as (iii) build retail finance capability. This is an individual contributor role that will be based in Singapore.
- Support the executive team with the setting of financial guardrails across the various retail business models (concessions, owned demo stores, partner stores)
- Partner with group and market finance to ensure that the global retail P&L has a high standard of accounting integrity, completeness, and accuracy.
- Partner with the local market teams to develop and track performance management plans for under-performing stores.
- Provide financial due diligence and spend control on retail investments (new stores, renewals, IT and BBI etc). Track actual performances vs. business case
Global retail reporting & analysis
- Responsible for consolidating, reporting, and reviewing the Global Retail P&L across key financial processes
- Analyse and effectively communicate key drivers of financial variances at the store-level, including risks & opportunities
- Lead and prepare the CAPEX submission for the global retail channel
- Partner with the global retail team to identify and deliver ongoing cost optimization of store builds & upgrades
- Be the centre of expertise for the various retail business & financial models, providing strategic consultation to markets on how they can leverage new ways of working to scale retail in a more profitable and capital efficient way.
- Identify opportunities for top-line growth and profit improvement through external analysis and benchmarking
- Provide primary support to create retail FP&A know-how and tools, identify best practices, and promote the execution of such practices globally
- Partner with global retail team to seamlessly connect retail business intelligence with financial analytics
- Commercial acumen, with the ability to understand business models and their financial implications
- Ability to understand, audit and apply key accounting principles
- Strong communication skills, with ability to influence and interpret financial information to provide insight to senior management
- Global / Regional commercial FP&A expertise in physical retail, e-commerce, or distributor finance, with financial modelling know-how
- Experience driving a team of people to deliver defined and agreed objectives to schedule
- Experience in developing new ways of working and aligning commercial strategy & actions against financial objectives
- Experience collaborating with multi-functional and diverse stakeholders, with the willingness to work across global time-zones if required
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.#LI-DYSON
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.