- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Our Commercial Finance Manager will ensure delivery of 3rd Party GB Retail Gross Margin, through effective business partnering with the GB National Account teams.
Accountabilities1. Business partner to key GB 3rd Party retail accounts.
- Pro-active support in joint business planning, including creation and ongoing tracking of terms and customer P&Ls.
- Develop deep commercial understanding across GB B2C, with an awareness of customers’ strategic roles.
- Identify drivers of Gross Margin delivery, providing value-adding insight to optimise plans.
- Maintain continuous dialogue and collaboration with national account managers, guiding them through internal processes and upskilling their financial expertise.
- Aligning key stakeholders to risks and opportunities where appropriate.
2. Lead monthly business planning cycle within GB 3rd Party retail.
- Provide toolkits, planning assumptions and timelines, and lead customer business reviews to ensure accurate bottom-up plans delivered for monthly GB LE meetings.
- Provide pre-reads and active participation in LE meetings to influence decision making.
- Continuous Anaplan support, escalating issues and feedback to governance board when required.
- Maintenance of master data where required.
3. Manage terms governance, trade promotions and pricing processes.
- Apply “pay-for-performance” principles to terms, holding customers to account and escalating where appropriate.
- Minimise value of outstanding customer deductions.
- Support in development of new customer terms, providing data driven insight to optimise investments.
- Ensure compliance to global delegated authorities matrix.
- Develop improvements to terms processes, driving transparency and simplicity.
4. Month end financial reporting.
- Management of customer spend, through rebate module and month end journal postings, accurate to product level.
- Quantification of further risks and opportunities.
- Variance analysis of actuals to plan.
5. Fulfil other duties
- Identify and drive process improvements along the order-to-cash cycle.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and information as necessary.
SkillsWe are looking for you to have prior experience of business partnering 3rd Sales/Retail teams, alongside a track record of analysis in a business and financial environment. Experience of cross-functional project delivery is also important, as is a record of performance under a dynamic commercial environment.
In order to be successful you'll need to have a commercial mind-set, have strong and influential customer facing and cross functional communicator, attention to detail and the ability to deliver under pressure and to tight deadlines whilst maintaining quality.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines