- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
The role sits within a Finance Centre of Excellence hub based in Malaysia (Johor) and is responsible for a cluster of Asian markets.
About the roleThe role is responsible for timely and accurate delivery of Month End and related Financial Accounting requirements for the markets. The role is a critical partner for the FD / Head of Finance in each market, bridging the gap to Financial Operations.
- Responsible for accurate and timely close for the Markets, free from any material misstatements.
- Delivery of P+L and provide understanding of performance drivers to market Finance teams, being able to highlight key movements, supported by further analysis.
- Delivery of FCoE reports & KPIs in line with the FCoE/Market SLA.
- Safeguard Dyson financials via application of accounting policies, guidelines.
- Prepare and review of balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring high quality is maintained.
- Prepare and review monthly cash flow forecast submission, being able to communicate key drivers and any subsequent variances.
- Lead monthly/quarterly Balance Sheet review with key internal stakeholders highlighting risks, opportunities and areas of focus.
- Hold subject matter expertise.
- Own the local relationship with 3rd party provider and ensure excellent service is delivered to Dyson and its markets
- Ensure the annual Statutory Accounts, annual Tax submission and any local tax requirements are prepared and submitted in line with deadlines.
- Oversee year end external audit requirements and any CoSec deliverables.
- Be the link between all FCoE areas and the market.
- Co-ordinate any changes impacting markets and communicate what these changes are, how they will impact stakeholders and any future requirements.
- Partnering FD / Head of Finance in each market, delivering a best in class Financial Operations service, with regular travel to markets.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders in the markets (Commercial Finance teams).
- Ensure knowledge of markets and the wider Dyson business is current, keeping up with any changes across the business.
- Fulfil any other ad hoc responsibilities as required.
- Qualified Accountant, ACCA, AICP, CIMA, ICAEW or equivalent professional accountancy qualification.
- 5+ years PQE
- Degree level education or equivalent
- Ability and desire to travel when required and possible
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of coaching and stakeholder management
- Ability to organise and prioritise in a fast paced environment
- Proactive approach with great problem solving skills.
- Highly motivated to achieve results
- Proactively highlights and progresses solutions for issues identified
- Good team player: capable of working effectively with finance and non-finance managers
- Advanced IT skills – Microsoft & SAP
- Great written and spoken Chinese
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.