- Paris - France
About the roleIn this role based in Paris you will report into the SEU Head of Finance and play an essential role in delivering accurate, timely and insightful information on performance of the markets within the cluster across actuals and forecasts. The role provides exposure to senior leadership in the markets and cluster. The primary responsibility will be to work in partnership with the market finance leaders and the specialists within the cluster to knit together the picture of market performance, bringing out the story behind the numbers and providing insights that inform commercial decision making to ensure we optimise use of our financial resources and continue to improve profitability. You will have your finger on the pulse for our KPIs and are responsible for the on-time delivery of this performance information into the regional finance team. In addition to the cluster responsibilities you will be an integral member of a regional collaboration group that is responsible for developing and sharing FP&A best practice across the region, as well as collaborating with Group and regional finance teams on key transformation projects.
- Own the on-time delivery of accurate forecast and performance information for all submissions to the regional finance team and Group; including - but not limited to - in-month estimates, full year latest estimates, budgets.
- Implement the cluster financial planning calendar, which is in-sync with the wider regional calendar, and maintain the cluster's integrity on meeting financial planning deadlines.
- Provide insightful commentary on key aspects of performance across the cluster.
- Own preparation of financial reporting packs for regional Exec reviews.
- Partner closely with the demand planning team to support the connection between them and the sales teams. Proactively understand impact of supply gaps and provide transparency of this in the cluster and region, ensure that supply issues don't undermine the integrity of full year forecast submissions, and align the sales and demand forecasts to the range and product launch timings.
- Support the Head of Finance with ranging and longer term/strategic financial planning.
- Excellent analytical ability – comfortable assimilating and interpreting data and information to draw out meaningful insight and conclusions, and capable of using this to influence decision making.
- Demonstrable financial planning capability at both the short term results-focussed level and the longer term strategic view.
- Able to challenge all areas of activity, especially elements that ‘have always been done’ and recommend new approaches to meet financial objectives.
- Assertive, decisive, prepared to see through plans and overcome objections - and yet flexible around change and comfortable with ambiguity; a quick and agile learner.
- Fluent in English & either French, Spanish or Italian
- Company Bonus
- Discount on Dyson products
- 25 days annual leave + RTT
- Travel Subsidy
- Restaurant tickets
- Subsidised exercise classes
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.