- London, Malmesbury - United Kingdom
The Financial Control Manager – Direct Sales is a key role within the Financial Centre of Excellence (FCoE). This role is responsible for driving global best practice, safeguarding financials and enabling commercial success.
A critical aspect of the role is maintaining the high integrity of our accounts through strong reconciliation processes and controls for all business to consumer transactions, including adapting and continuous improvements to an ever changing payments and fraud landscape. This will involve the development of new IT solutions and business processes to drive quality and efficiency.
AccountabilitiesThe role has team management of ten, with one direct line report and is responsible for the following:
- Managing FCoE Direct Sales Financial Control team ensuring reconciliations are performed on time, risks are managed and accounts are maintained to a high degree of integrity at all times.
- Regular performance reviews; risks/opportunities are highlighted back to the business/commercial teams on a regular basis, allowing them to understand root cause and required action.
- Working closely with the Business Change team to support with identifying areas of risk and with IT to validate project deliverables from a financial control perspective.
- Drive standardisation globally regarding payments reconciliation and risk reporting to all Dyson markets through projects, and continuous improvements.
- Building an expert Direct payments team, through continuous education and support to match the business aspirations with global Omni channel payment offerings. Enabling the team to perform variance analysis to identify underlying drivers and formulate solutions
- Ensures that the business has up to date intelligence on vulnerabilities in payment applications and networks.
- Reporting and escalating consumer fraud and risks to the business
- Qualified Accountant, min 4 years PQ
- Balance sheet control and process improvement experience
- Line management experience
- Experience of direct business to consumer trading
- Excellent analytical and communication skills with advanced IT skills
- Knowledge of payment settlement, reconciliation and investigation tasks.
- Proactive approach with both independent and team problem solving skills.
- Highly Motivated to achieve results
- Team player
- Experience managing external stakeholders/relationships
- Available for overseas travel if required
- Additional experience in risk/fraud management is also relevant and valued.
- IT development project experience
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sports centre
- Free on-site parking
- Lift share scheme
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discount on Dyson machines
This is a 12 month fixed term contract