- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
The Commercial Business Partner is the first point of contact in Finance for matters relating to budgeting, financial insight and project spend across a number of different areas within the Global Commercial team. The role works closely with a number of key senior stakeholders to understand and evaluate the financial impact of new projects, provide detailed understanding of costs and forecasts and identify opportunities and efficiencies.
The Planning and Analysis team supports the Executive team with performance analysis to enable strategic decision making, across markets, categories and channels. Within the wider team, the Global Overheads team partners with key stakeholders within the global executive team to deliver accurate and insightful financial budget management.
The Commercial team is one of the most exciting functions within Dyson, at the heart of creative strategy, providing thought leadership to the group to come up with new ways to delight our owners. The Commercial business partner will work with the Senior Management Team to provide best in class financial support on budgeting, analysis and projects.
- Understand and document key processes, whilst seeking streamlining opportunities.
- Project manage and drive through change initiatives as identified.
- Build a firm knowledge and understanding of Group Finance and how processes interact and overlap.
- Ensure accurate and timely financial management information is prepared for key Dyson group functions including incisive commentary, with detailed analysis of spend.
- Work in close partnership with the individual budget holders and the group consolidation team to provide accurate monthly re-forecasts.
- To independently conduct monthly review meetings with budget holders and to act as a key point of contact to support the budget holders with commercial business, capital and investment proposals.
- Challenge business managers to ensure that all concepts have been properly considered before presenting to the business.
- Develop KPI reporting and analysis.
- Challenge current ways of working, driving efficiencies and cost savings wherever possible and to set best practice across the Dyson organisation.
- Review of monthly commitments and preparations of monthly accruals and prepayments reconciliations including timely follow up on any queries.
- Be comfortable dealing with and working through issues and operational challenges with project teams and other stakeholders, getting into details to ensure you understand the cost drivers of the business and can provide insight to non-finance members of the Dyson team.
- Be dependent on your resourcefulness and ability to influence and partner with finance teams in the business units together with non-finance managers
- Strong Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA).
- Solid accounting skills, diligent and accurate.
- Proven track record of cost process optimisation.
- Experience of running and performing budgeting or forecasting processes.
- Excellent spread sheet skills, including being comfortable with pivots, advanced formulae and charting.
- Commercial acumen.
- Excellent analytical ability with a good attention to detail.
- A team player with a positive, ‘will do’ attitude and the ability to be flexible yet have a disciplined approach.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present plans to support business decisions.
- Determined and assertive, prepared to get into the detail to understand the complex cost drivers of the business.
- Mature and robust personality.
- Good time management skills, ability to prioritise workload and ability to work to strict reporting deadlines.
- Prior experience of Cost/Management Accounting is essential (2+ years minimum).
- Investment Appraisal/Financial modelling of commercial decisions.
- SAP experience
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines