- Mechanical Engineering, Research Engineering
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
This is a fantastic opportunity for an established Fluids, Thermal or Mechanical Engineer to work within a small team of like-minded engineering problem solvers within our Research, Design and Development department (RDD). The successful candidate will be responsible for the application of fundamental physical theories and pragmatic methods to provide fluid and thermal insight and understanding to the business.
• Provide advice and guidance to Design Managers and assembly teams on allocated projects, taking a lead role and responsibility for the areas of fluid flow and thermal management.
• Support of this advice through experimental validation and other relevant analysis methods and tools (including CFD).
• Keep Line Manager advised on progress and status of allocated design projects.
• Represent the Fluid Dynamics team at all arranged project cross-team meetings.
• Build and maintain effective working relationships with design engineers at all levels, including the relevant technical teams in the Far East
• A degree or Masters in Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering (other relevant engineering disciplines will be considered).
• A good working knowledge of the fundamentals of fluid dynamics and thermodynamics.
• A good understanding of the principles and application of CFD methods.
(Previous experience of ANSYS-Fluent and/or ANSYS-CFX beneficial, but not essential)
• A sound understanding of experimental methods and processes, particularly with regard to pressure, temperature and flow measurement techniques.
• A good working knowledge of commercial CAD tools, preferably Unigraphics.
• A good working knowledge of Matlab and MS Office Excel.
• Good analytical ability and attention to detail.
• Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information in written and verbal format.
• Ability to adapt or generate imaginative and innovative ideas, in line with core Dyson values.
• To be able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment.• Excellent team-working skills
*NOTE - this is not a graduate position