- Security and Risk
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
The Fraud and Investigations Manager role is to lead the Omni Channel fraud strategy across the 5 Customer Contact Centres internationally. Using the network of Profit Protection Managers in market to drive, respond and proactively seek to identify fraud red flags.
AccountabilitiesThe breadth of Profit Protections responsibilities within Dyson spans from manufacture to sale. Most customers in the retail sector use a blended Omni channel approach to selecting and purchasing products. Similarly, bad actors also adopt an Omni Channel approach and evidence of their activities is therefore distributed across multiple platforms. Offenders target retailers throughout their entire supply chain. Through a blended approach that includes big data analytics, artificial intelligence and fraud analysts, and mature organisations effectively manage fraud, ensuring the exposure to internal; external offenders are managed both proactively and reactively within agreed frameworks and tolerances. Dyson is on a strategic path to create a robust framework on which to manage our Online Fraud challenges and the introduction of the Fraud and Investigations Manager role is a pivotal element to this.
Working collaboratively with the existing contact centre teams and with the analytical tools available this role is to identify, train, coach and lead the fraud experts in market, to ensure a consistent approach to how Dyson manages their Omni Chanel fraud risk from payment to sale, through the supply chain into the owner’s home.
In addition to the Omni Chanel Fraud agenda this role will be the single point of contact for all investigations being carried out within the Profit Protection team, providing reporting and collation of the facts enabling the Global Head of Profit Protection to keep the senior stakeholders, Global Investigations Counsel and Audit Committee updated on the status and progress.
- Lead the creation of the newly developed fraud function and ways of working within Dyson
- Develop and improve fraud detection methods, strategy and analysis.
- Lead and oversee the fraud analysis and the use of fraud detection systems implemented.
- Continually assess the effectiveness of the fraud prevention and control framework.
- Analyse data to understand fraud affecting the organisation and recommend anti-fraud processes, enhancements, improvements and optimise fraud detection.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams e.g. Profit Protection, Finance, Logistics, Operations, Retail and Commercial to enhance tools used, system functionalities and fraud detection.
- Identify issues and trends impacting fraud operations and work with the relevant stakeholders to resolve/escalate
- Create a fraud awareness and prevention training package and promote its use in order to build awareness of fraud risks for staff.
- Ensure the Fraud teams are given the tools to deliver the right balance of preventing fraud whilst reducing customer friction.
- Identify emerging fraud trends
- 5+ years’ experience in the leading fraud programmes in online and bricks and mortar retailers
- Experience in creating fraud training programmes and their strategic roll out to multiple teams
- Experience in managing teams remotely
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Independent and critical thinking
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Adaptable/flexible – able to multi task
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy – tireless in getting the right result
- Ability to work independently
- Good problem solving skills
- An innovative yet objective thinker
- Demonstrates a ‘can do’ / entrepreneurial attitude
- Ability to deliver projects in full, on time and to the highest quality
- Tenacious and driven to get the best result
- Challenges themselves and others
- Experience in having set up fraud functions from scratch previously
- Language skills
- Formal training in investigation techniques
- Formal qualification in online fraud prevention/strategy
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines