- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Bristol - United Kingdom
We’re looking for software engineers to join our Digital tech team, working at the heart of our digital services – e-commerce, internet of things, and plenty more exciting (and secret!) things besides. We use a number of different tech stacks – our existing e-commerce platform is based on .NET (using Sitecore as a CMS), and most of our supporting websites are built with Umbraco or standard .NET MVC. We’ve also got some Node going on, we use a range of front-end frameworks, our new e-commerce platform is built with Java, and we use AWS for our infrastructure and related services.
AccountabilitiesThe kind of people we’re looking for are bright, self-motivated, inquisitive, and have a pragmatic streak. We like people who are always looking to make things more efficient – code, ways of working, tools – and who can collaborate with others in a productive and positive way. If you join us, you’ll be joining a team of friendly, smart people across development, quality, infrastructure and support. We’re agile - but not in a religious way. Our greenfield projects have fully embraced continuous integration and delivery – but there’s plenty still to do!
- We don’t have a big list of skills and technologies you ‘must’ have in order to speak to us, but the kind of people we’re interested in sound something like this
- You write code for a living
- You can demonstrate professional-level skill with one or more programming languages, including C#
- You pick up new technologies quickly, and you can give us examples
- You’ve worked with other developers before
- You can talk to non-techies without making them scared
- You love solving problems, and won’t give up until you’ve figured out how something works
- We’re especially interested in people who have:deep domain knowledge of .NET / C#; Sitecore or Umbraco experience;
- AWS / infrastructure experience.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holiday
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance