- Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials.
- Retail Sales
- Santa Clara, CA, USA
Three years ago 80% of Dyson’s business was full-sized vacuum cleaners. Today, its digital motor powered cordless vacuums, robots, Airblade hand dryers, bladeless fans, humidifiers, purifiers, and heaters are powering its growth in 75 countries around the world. 2015 saw the addition of Jake Dyson Light to the portfolio, April 2016 Dyson took its biggest leap yet, revolutionizing the world of Beauty with the launch of the Dyson Supersonic™ Hairdryer and most recently in 2018 launch the Dyson Airwrap.
Dyson is rapidly expanding; in its new and core categories, and across all of its global markets. The next four years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. We have huge growth plans for our Direct Retail portfolio which include Global Flagship, Local Flagship, and boutique stores where the Store Manager and their team will be responsible for creating a seamless and consistent Dyson Experience to capture the hearts and minds of our owners. We are looking for creativity, a free thinker, and someone who knows how to use their retail space to educate and excite people about technology and our machines.
In partnership with your store manager & assistant store manager, you will be responsible for leading shopper experiences that defy convention and are unique and new. Your love for technology and design means you will know each Dyson product inside and out and will be the first to learn, share, and inspire your customers through a best in class experience.
Your role will play an integral part in leading day-to-day operations. You must be an enthusiastic champion for the reputation inside and outside Dyson, committed to ensuring an iconic experience for every customer.
· Responsible for driving key metrics during shift including store sales, conversion and demonstrations
· Coach experts and peers in the moment
· Embrace the Dyson Guest Experience model and consistently provide that experience to our guests
· Perform product demos and explain product features to customers
· Maintain a clean and organized Demo Store
· Assist in training and supporting new Experts
· Have strong people skills- Authentic, approachable, great listener and empathetic
· Collaborate with store management to organize marketing and promotional campaigns and to coordinate activities
· Responsible for continued coaching and training of the Stylist team
· Takes an active role in leading beauty events
· Is a leader of the customer experience, especially at the stylist station
· The subject matter expert in styling, beauty and personal care products
· Ensure that all Experts adhere to corporate processes and safety standards
· Carry keys and alarm codes; open and close store, disarm and arm alarm system
· Oversee cleaning, maintenance, and deliveries staff outside of regular business hours
· Perform and supervise daily procedures
· Handle managerial tasks when the general and assistant managers are unavailable
· Manage bank deposits, balance point of sale drawers and safe
· Check and respond to email and phone messages
· Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity
· Must be a highly motivated, enthusiastic team player, driven by exceeding sales performance aspirations and creating an innovative customer experience
· Energetic and outgoing personality with strong communications skills
· Ability to coach and train team members
· Must take a leadership role in daily store operations
Experience and Education:
· Active cosmetology license in the state of CA
· Minimum of 2 year experience in a customer-facing, retail setting required with 1 year in a leadership role
· HS Diploma or GED required
· Experience working with or in a premium or luxury brand strongly preferred
· Bi-lingual language proficiency is a plus
Dyson Code & Behaviors:
· Always experimenting; always learning. Embraces innovation
· Always acting with integrity, empathy and respect towards people, co-workers, owners, partners and products
· Putting customers at the center of our decisions
· Tenacious in delivering our best to get the right results, in the right way.
Dyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call(312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA m/f/v/d.
- Competitive Base Salary
- Dyson Bonus Program
- 401K Match
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Clothing Allowance
- Equipment to Ownership Program
- Employee Equipment Purchase Program