- Singapore - Singapore
Reporting to the Global Procurement Group Lead you will be responsible for the Global Commodity Procurement activities (end to end) for specific commodities and their sub-commodity groups within the Dyson digital motor group.
The role will ensure adherence to the complete Global Commodity process and be accountable for reporting to all internal and external stakeholders. You will be the interface with suppliers and be responsible for organizing, utilizing and leading both internal and external resources to ensure the Global commodity objectives are achieved.
- Supplier price and contract negotiation for all parts within their Global Commodity Group
- Supplier relationship management for all suppliers within their Global Commodity Group
- Stakeholder management and communication, primarily at a senior level, internally and externally
- Commodity and Strategy. Commodity strategy for all parts within their Global Commodity Group
- Supplier Relationship Management. Supplier strategy for all suppliers within their Global Commodity Group
- Cross functional commodity lead – will lead cross functional teams relevant to their Global Commodity Group
- Supplier risk management – for all parts and suppliers within their Global Commodity Group, including mitigation plans and closure actions.
- Supplier development – will lead supplier development programs relevant to their Commodity Group Strategy
- Commodity market intelligence – responsible for gathering and informing stakeholders of all relevant market/supplier intelligence; Globally, regionally and locally
- Responsible for “End to End” performance of their commodities
- The role is based in Dyson Singapore, but requires full flexibility for global travel to other Dyson locations (Malaysia, UK) and supplier sites, (predominantly SEA).
- Degree level qualification or above
- Substantial experience in Commodity Management and direct material sourcing, ideally within metals (magnets) & plastics and their associated manufacturing processes
- Proficient negotiator with proven abilities in influencing people at all levels in the organization
- Good knowledge of legal regulations and contract setting
- Self-motivated, accurate and operates with the highest ethical standards. be tough but fair
- Demonstrate understanding of technical, manufacturing and testing methods and processes relevant to the Commodity
- Proven track record of proactive leadership of complex, global programs
- Proven track record of successful Commodity Management.
- CIPS (or equivalent) purchasing qualification
- Experience of lean manufacturing and or Commodity manufacturing experience.
- Experienced qualified Auditor
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.