- Johor Bahru - Malaysia, Singapore - Singapore
Commodity managers are at the heart of the Dyson direct Procurement Team, working closely with Procurement Engineering and other key stakeholders within the business to support and develop the procurement and supply chain strategies that will help define and support Dyson’s future ambitions.
As part of the Global Operations and Procurement Team, Global commodity managers own and drive all procurement activities from kick off to production across all categories for new RDD projects.
Global commodity managers work collaboratively alongside our Procurement Engineering, RDD teams and provide front line support to Procurement project managers. You will manage and own existing and new supply chain partners through the RDD to Production process to ensure we are building robust new and current supply chains that have optimum cost, quality and performance outcomes.
About the role
- Full ownership of the Passive & Magnetic commodities.
- Engagement with Procurement Engineering, Component Engineer and RDD teams on new project requirements
- Contract negotiations with suppliers
- Manage key supplier relationships, with supplier segmentation and business reviews
- Pricing negotiations and SMART negotiations
- Driving cost down solutions
- Develop commodity strategies within the category
- Support key business objectives activities with dual sourcing programs
- Develop clear cost and technology roadmaps
- Market intelligence activities to help Dyson in volatile supply markets
- Risk assessment for new projects
- New supplier audits
- Assurance of supply for new projects
- Work closely with Procurement Engineering/Cost Force on the should cost and benchmarking cost for the commodity
About youYou will demonstrate a clear passion for Commodity Management and the benefits it can bring to our organisation. You will be able to smoothly navigate sometimes complex situations and be comfortable operating at all levels within the business. Technical know-how, commercial acumen, stakeholder management and influencing skills will be key for these roles. Resilience and the desire to bring about change is also essential. You will have
- Degree level or above
- Experience in passive commodity is preferred, however experience of similar or related commodities will be considered
- Able to collaborate with and influence multiple stakeholders across different product categories
- Self-starter and the ability to work autonomously with the ability to drive procurement activity in an efficient and organised manner
- An understand of product manufacturing processes
- An understanding of production contracts and the ability to negotiate these autonomously
BenefitsDyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.