- Retail Operations
- Singapore - Singapore
We see Concessions and Partner Retail as an important part of our journey towards expanding Dyson’s retail footprint globally. To end consumers Dyson Demos, Concessions and Partner Retail make no difference, for this same reason we place no difference in our effort and passion to implement, execute and manage each and every of our consumer facing retail stores, them being operated directly or via a partner.
About the roleWe are looking for an experience Manager to join the Global Direct Retail Team and take on the challenge of developing and maintaining our Concessions and Partner Retail network. The role will rely on the ability to develop outstanding relationships with others, act as a business partner and advise to senior stakeholders and ensure that Dyson retail always delivers an exceptional brand experience.
We work in a matrix organisation where group collaborates with the regional leaders to sets direction and strategy, while local markets execute and manage the daily operations. Therefore, you must be used to operating in this matrix style and ideally have experience of operating on a global scale.
Dyson moves at great pace, so flexibility, passion and high energy will be critical to success in this role, as will the ability to travel internationally. You must have a collaborative style and a proven track record of building strong relationships with key stakeholders at senior levels.
Together with the countries, you will act as a liaison between Dyson and the Concessionaires/ Retail Partners, with the aim of developing trusted business relationships and proactively driving retail stores performance. Key will be your ability in collaborating with internal retail departments like store implementation, marketing and operations, to ensure that the customer experience offered in our retail stores is seamless and to the highest brand standards.
In this role, you will...
- Serve as a resource, act as liaison between Company/Group Departments/Countries and Concessionaires/Retail Partners to leverage resources, promote best practices, and align business objectives
- Design and refining a global legal and operating framework enabling countries to quickly assess and implement new business opportunities
- Support regional and markets’ strategy for the short and the long-term expansion, making sure the all direct and partner retail channels are not conflicting with one each other, instead they are seamlessly all contributing to enhancing Dyson’s Owner experience
- Ensure that each new store is implemented according to agreed standards and within governance, both in terms of project approval and implementation.
- Create and constantly refine reliable and detailed reporting procedures/outcomes, to enable Dyson to constantly have visibility on qualitative and quantitative KPIs
- Collaborate with Markets in assisting Concessionaires/Retail Partners analysing their business opportunities and areas for improvement through regular Business & Operations performance reviews.
- Be constantly up to date with any concession initiatives existing at Dyson and any new potential ones. This to ensure that every single market can benefit from the most up to date systemic, legal and operational procedures implemented globally
- Become the point of contact to share and support the opening of concessions stores globally
- Work closely with global functions like Profit Protection, Finance and Supply Chain, to make sure that every single concession is compliant (or will become shortly compliant) with the globally agreed Concession operational, legal and systemic Blueprint
- Given the variety and the complexity of the concession channel, remain constantly up to date with new possible operating models and systemic implementations, that may benefit the relation and collaboration between Dyson and the Concessionaires Partner
- In collaboration with the Regions/ Markets create an expansion plan to grow our Global Partner Stores network globally
- In collaboration with the Regions/Markets Identify and select competent, reliable and solid Retail Partners, aligned with Dyson’s values and retail strategy
- In collaboration with the Regions/Markets, plan and execute on annual budgets, closely monitoring partner stores performance
- Support, share knowledge and influence actions and decisions that are in the best interest of Dyson and the Retail Partner.
- Make sure Retail Partners meet Dyson’s standards and policies stipulated in the contract
- 7+ years of relevant working experience in retail, franchise, sales and/or marketing.
- Deep understanding of the retail property market and a proven ability to obtain value for Dyson
- Ability to present and explain strategies to a diverse audience that may be experiencing this for the first time. Do this a way that establishes rapport, persuades others to support, and gains understanding
- Ability to handle multiple projects, multiple disciplines globally whilst still delivering on schedule and to budget
- Experience of influencing cross functional, multi-disciplined teams to deliver objectives
- Solid and proved negotiation skills
- Organizational skills required for tracking and guiding multiple projects
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Travel, with limited direct supervision, 50% of time. Estimate 26 weeks per year.
- Highly refined oral and written communication skills required
- Excellent communicator, experienced in communicating across functions, multi culturally and at all levels
- Pro-active – prepared with solutions and anticipating problems
BenefitsDyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition. #LI-DYSON
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.