- Supply Chain and Logistics
- Singapore - Singapore
But the transformation of Dyson is far from over. Our technology pipeline stretches 25 years into the future, and will see more new product categories emerge – four by 2020 alone. Dyson’s place in the connected world sits at the heart of our strategy – our future is increasingly cantered on digital technologies that are intelligent and connected. Critical to this transformation and growth agenda is our manufacturing and procurement team.
Our Singapore story began in 2004 and today we have more than 1000 people working here. At the beginning of 2017 we opened our new, state of the art, Singapore Technology Centre in Science Park I, minutes from Singapore’s technology and start-up community. This new Technology Centre houses some of Dyson’s most advanced facilities including Robotics and Sensors laboratories and Smart Home, Connectivity & Mobile Applications laboratories as well as an Advanced Control Tower with the latest technology to develop its analytics-driven activities.
About the roleThe Global Logistics team and IBP team is responsible for organization and implementation of a complex Supply Chain operation. They plan, implement and control the efficient flow and storage of goods, services, and related information between the point of origin and the point of consumption in order to meet customer's requirements
Reporting into the Global Spares & Accessories Planning lead, the Market Spares Demand Planner will have responsibility for the demand planning of all spare parts for multiple markets and regions. The individual will be responsible for ensuring final demand signal is as accurate as possible. Working closely with multiple stakeholders in providing the necessary reporting of material planning and part availability.
The ideal candidate has excellent analytical skills, a passion for demand planning and experience within (supply chain) planning environment.
- Working collaboratively with individual market teams in understanding demand patterns, and requirements with special attention to lost sales mitigation, cleansing of actual demand data, recalculating statistical forecast if necessary and provide feedback on significant variations
- Liaise with cross-functional teams to ensure demand planning master data is accurate and complete
- Analyze forecast errors and lead root-cause analysis and continue improvements to the forecast
- Keep up to date and adhere to any changes of the demand planning process
- Use of all available data resources from our product quality, reliability and technical services teams in ensuring the demand signal is optimized with additional inputs.
- Receive and assist with the input the demand plan for refurbishment supplied by the market planners
- Responsible for all parts’ full lifecycle demand management including but not limited to:
- Engagement with NPI teams in ensuring all NPI and NPD product launches demand planning is entered in a timely manner to provide part availability at point of launch.
- Ensure all latest Technical Service Bulletins are actioned from an inventory planning perspective, ensuring efficient use of stock during part transitions
- Managing End of Life of spare parts
- Strong analytical ability
- Experience in demand planning and statistical forecasting
- Demonstrate flexibility and resilience and respond constructively to new demands and challenges
- Displaying proactiveness and tenacity in resolving issues
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to develop and present KPI information
- Preferable SAP and/or Kinaxis user experience
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.