- Security and Risk
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
This Global Head of Technical Security will be responsible for the leadership and development of the Dyson Technical Security Team, with specialized functional expertise in the area of security systems and technology. This position will be specifically responsible for the development of strategic programs & processes associated with the global portfolio of security systems, technology, vendor management, and strategic program management. The ideal candidate will have strong capabilities in global stakeholder management and be conversant with the IT systems and requirements that underpin all of the various security components (surveillance systems, access control, intruder detection, drone detection). You will be knowledgeable of process and project workflows, resource and vendor management, with a strong leadership record of accomplishment.
AccountabilitiesThis person must have the ability to operate successfully in a global landscape, with a focus on standardization and continual improvement of processes and long-term system support/upgrade cycles. Importantly, this role will also take ownership of the Global Data Privacy Regulations mandate for the Group security function. Acting as the technical security data owner within the team (including footage from our CCTV systems etc) the role will provide thought leadership, responsibility, accountability, and direction on the management of this within the team.
The qualified candidate will report directly to the Director of Security.
Role and Responsibilities
- Strategic and operational leadership of program and respective projects and processes; responsible for the ‘technical security’ program with the overall strategic aim of contributing to the company’s risk management (protection of IP, assets and estate) and duty of care
- Development and implementation of program related policies, processes, procedures, standards, systems and tools; monitoring and evaluation of program performance, in particular leading the development and implementation of the Technical Security Blueprint for Dyson
- Leadership of a global team (some of whom operate remotely) within thematic area of responsibility; includes the effective deployment of limited in house resource and ability to scale for specific projects whenever required.
- Provision of thematic expertise and support to internal customers
- Provision of thematic expertise and support to other sustainability and security processes and activities
- Supporting purchasing strategy and managing vendor relations and third party services for technical security equipment, standardizing whenever appropriate
- Development and delivery of training solutions within area of expertise
- Provide thought leadership on global technology solutions to secure intellectual property, trade craft and trade secrets, people and real-estate
- Relationship management with security peers in government, corporate and non-profit sectors, as well as relevant security and intelligence vendors
- Permanent member of the Dyson Security Steering Committee
- This position will develop strategy, lead teams and resources to successful performance. Conduct analysis of business needs and identify programs & services required to meet those needs. The successful candidate will provide education and professional development guidance to teams, managers, clients and other resources as required.
GDPR specific responsibilities
- Functions as the Global Data Privacy Regulations (GDPR) champion for Group Security in respect to security equipment (in collaboration with Real Estate / Facility Management) and data processing, management, storage and accessibility (in collaboration with IT)
- Ensures that GDPR activity reviews are a recurring topic at leadership team meetingsEnsures that the Group Security team has robust processes to notify the Privacy and Information Security Team immediately if a breach happens and follows up with any remediation needed.
- Ensures that all repositories of personal data are identified within the function and formally recorded in the “Records of Processing”. These can include databases, spreadsheets, SharePoint sites, word documents, internet sites used, cloud services, laptop applications, 3rd party partner software, filing cabinets, paper records, CCTV images, etc. Establishes a process to keep the Records of Processing up to date so that it can be inspected by the external regulator at any time.
- Reviews existing 3rd party agreements and ensures appropriate updates are put in place with the minimum acceptable language to support GDPR.
- This position requires positive partnership skills, effective communications, and positive human relations in business capabilities
- The success of this role will very much depend on the candidates ability to manage a diverse range of stakeholders and in doing so, ensure all needs are qualified, understood and provisioned in a proportional and cost effective manner
- This position must be able to perform the full range of high level strategic business planning objectives, to very tactical process, procedure and business analytics capabilities
- The successful candidate will be able to critically assess existing systems and approach, rationalize where necessary and implement new, more efficient methods and solutions where appropriate.
- •Must have sound judgment and discretion
- A willingness to take initiative and make continuous improvements
- Able to maintain composure in demanding environment and cope with a high degree of change and growth
- Able to understand diverse stakeholder and job requirements and independently determine what tasks need to be accomplished
Qualifications and experience:
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of systems based security experience, combined with a minimum of 7 years of senior management and leadership experience
- Strong understanding of industry specific legislations and compliance requirements.
- Subject matter expert in all facets of security systems and technology, to include: Lenel, Quantum Secure, GSOC technology, access control systems, NVRs, surveillance, alarm monitoring, counter surveillance, drone technology, radio, etc.
- Have experience with intellectual asset protection / security related area
- Have work experience in global, multi-national organization
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines