- Manufacturing and tooling
- Singapore - Singapore
The Global Head of Tooling will be responsible for the overall execution of over 1500+ tools in year, the reporting, and the customer relationship. The role will involve engagement with both internal and external partners. Internally the individual will work very closely with the RDD, Procurement and the Operations team. Externally the person will work with our partner tool makers and also our Contract Manufacturers. The role will be based in SEA (Singapore or Malaysia) and will report to the Global Director of Manufacturing Engineering.
- Manage and develop Dyson’s Tooling and Moulding team of about 40+ people
- In conjunction with Dyson’s global procurement team manage a portfolio of 18 external tool makers and molders
- Ensure industry best practices are applied in tool design and manufacture, tool validation and part processing
- Manage and develop the Tooling and Moulding teams,
- Responsible for Dyson’s overall tooling and Moulding strategy including technology roadmap development
- Overall responsibility for cost quality and improvement plans related to tooling and Moulding
- Plan and administer multiple NPI projects, adhering to project time plans and costs, Manage all main project deliverables whilst understanding and managing business changes ensuring minimal impact to project time lines and operations,
- Responsible for Design for manufacturing studies and feedback to Dyson RDD Teams to ensure process capability of product designs.
- Communicate regularly to all affected parties both in the SEA and the UK if required with all project data presented in a professional manner
- Regularly present data to the operations higher management team showing data of the tooling departments efficiencies and achievements
- At least 10 years leadership experience in a tooling & operational environment
- Knowledge of other manufacturing processes, e.g. die cast, rubber compression, thermo set, press steel, BMC, RTC.
- Proven track record in driving improvement in a global outsourced manufacturing environment
- Proven track record in managing outsourced tool makers ( cost, quality and delivery)
- MSc preferred by not mandatory
- Very strong technical tooling and moulding understanding.
- Aptitude for trouble shooting, problem solving with good analytical skills
- Knowledge and experience to interpret 3D CAD files and 2D drawing
- Team player and good at communicating at all levels
- Ability to drive, motivate and to lead a team