- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Reporting to the Global Marketing & BBI Director, the Global Marketing Senior Commercial Manager helps drive the marketing governance across the organisation by bringing together functional global leaders, regional leaders and local marketing leaders in the right time and place. The role helps set the agenda based on the strategy and ensure the right scorecards and marketing KPI’s are monitored.
About the role
- Drive 3-way communication between Group, CoE and Markets. Local insights and business objectives and priorities to flow in, Group strategy, ranging, supply, propositions, launch campaigns and creative to flow out. Continually foster strong collaborative working relationships across markets, CoE and Group functions across all categories, campaigns and NPD launches.
- Build and sustain the marketing communities within the Top 12 markets globally. Facilitate communications, learnings and best practices sharing within the communities.
- Drive innovations and gets new initiatives and trials going to delight our owners. Drive an experiment agenda and stimulate scaling of the best ideas.
- Organize ongoing events/calls such as Marketing Council Calls, Marketing Council Live, East Marketing Heads Call, West Marketing Heads Call.
- Set up communications and establish Emerging Markets community, in same way as Top 12 markets community. This will cover India, Turkey, Nordics, CEE.
- Working with the Media team to drive the ZBS principles in campaign and media planning, and results tracking to ensure saving are actualized.
- Working with the Markets, Group GTM teams, and the Group/CoE Programme Management teams to assess and rank cross-category local/regional projects in terms of commercial value and resource availability. Shorten and simplify prioritization and approval process.
- Drive consistency of approaches and ensure the Dyson philosophy and reputation is guarded. Promote compliance with our marketing guidelines, while ensuring these are communicated through the right forums and understood
About youSkills & Abilities:
- Energetic, engaging and positive, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Has the ability to work comfortably and lead change in a complex matrix organisation
- Excellent stakeholder management abilities, able to build commitment to strategy and direction and build networks across the business and externally
- Entrepreneurial flair with a drive for business results. Commercially and financially astute with sound business judgement
- Smart and with a high degree of intellectual and strategic ability, able to lead both the big strategic picture and comfortable and able to manage the operational aspects of implementation and delivery of detailed projects
- Culturally aware and with an international mindset, together with a collaborative style as a strong team player who brings a passion for excellence, innovation and delivery
- Strong digital knowledge with the ability to combine traditional marketing with social media, to recognise the impact of digital influencers and to be able to provide input into content creation.
- A self–starter, both assertive and decisive, and yet flexible around change. Prepared to see through plans and overcome objections and respond and adapt to a demanding and dynamic environment
- Extensive and proven Commercial management achievements – 5-8 years’ plus experience forged at the leading edge of consumer facing industries
- Will have driven brand/category growth through well-orchestrated and innovative marketing strategies
- Global market knowledge
- Modern media expertise across channels and funnels. (Digital, Social, Email to TV)
Metrics and KPIs:
- Brand awareness & consideration growth
- Increase in quality traffic
- Direct & indirect sales growth
- Pulse scores
- Markets: Marketing Directors and Category heads
- CoE: CoE Directors, Programme leads, Creatives
- Group: GTM, Direct, Experience Studio, Finance teams
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.