- Retail (Head Office)
- Singapore - Singapore
The Global Retail Data Analyst is a key position supporting the creation of insightful visualisation and analytics to the Global Retail & Events Team and the wider business audience within the company.
You will be taking data from different sources and manipulating it to deliver insights. We have diverse and growing range of data sources, some structured, and some needing more work to transform and load them so they can be used to enrich existing data. You will perform analyses and apply data visualization techniques to present business information and highlight different perspectives on key business decision areas.
Finally, this position must leverage personal knowledge base and become a subject matter expert with regards to global retail analytics.
- Support Group Retail with ad-hoc data analysis and insights using tools like Tableau and Looker
- Collect, prepare and load data ready for reporting and presentations
- Deliver reporting requests and dashboard according to business priority, within the agreed timeline and user’s expectation
- Publish weekly reports highlighting key metrics on retail portfolio’s health and performance
- Source new data feeds and fix issues with existing ones
- Actively monitor performance of our data feeds and reporting platforms
- Work with the data engineering team to support the intake of new retail data sources into the data warehouse
- Explore and evaluate possibilities of deploying report automation to enhance Control Tower efficiency
- Cultivate internal relation with key stakeholders and data users
- Look for continuous enhancement opportunities in the business, data collection & intake process to the data warehouse
- Support the wider business to leverage retail data for self-service analytics
- Manage enterprise user permissions with a proven understanding of enterprise governance
- Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques and providing ongoing reports
- Acquire data from primary and secondary data sources and maintain database system
· Three plus years of SQL experience, including query optimisations
· Three plus years with visualization tools like Tableau and Looker
· Three plus years with data Analytics tools, amongst others: Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics
· Querying and working with data on a range of database / data warehouse technologies including Microsoft SQL Server and Google BigQuery
· Data preparation using tools like Tableau prep, Alteryx or Cloud Dataprep
· Any experience with Python and working with APIs would be a bonus
· Problem solver and ability to spot areas for improvements
· Organised, delivery focused and comfortable working on own initiative
· Skilled in communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
· Skilled in verbally communicating with others to convey information effectively.
· Experience in developing information requirements and taking a project from conceptualization to implementation
· Experience in performing impact analysis for any Business Change requests to the existing Business/Data requirements keeping end-to-end Data Life cycle in mind
· Experience in creating, executing and documenting project-based Business Test cases and results.