- Retail Operations
- Singapore - Singapore
Such a growing stores’ portfolio can only be managed having full visibility on KPIs indicating how stores are performing in relation to (amongst others): footfall, customer interactions, sales, financials, inventory and resources. As part of our continuous effort of creating a knowledge-based mind-set and improving our ability to access and manage real time data, we have been working on several projects aggregating retail related metrics into a central depositary, thus enabling easier cross-data visualisation and better-informed decisions.
About the role
As the Global Retail Performance Manager, you drive the development of a performance culture in our retail network, supporting stores in enhancing their performance on a daily basis. You design and implement management tools & KPIs to measure and optimize store operations, identifying areas for improvement, partnering with the retail marketing team, co-ordinating weekly performance calls with the markets, formulating action plans and ensuring that actions are carried out.
We work in a matrix organisation where group head office sets direction and strategy while local markets execute and manage the daily operations. Therefore, you must be used to operating in this matrix style and ideally have experience of operating on a global scale. Dyson moves at great pace, so flexibility, passion and high energy will be critical to success in this role, as will the ability to travel internationally on a regular basis. You must have a collaborative style and a proven track record of building strong relationships with key stakeholders at senior levels.
- Partner and collaborate with the Global Data Retail Analyst to support leadership team with regular data and reports to manage business process and critical paths. Build memos/presentations for Top Management
- Provide regular in-depth analysis of outliers (over and under-performing stores) and work with the Regional action plan to improve the performance. Issue and analyse monthly reports and peers benchmarking
- Support with business performance analysis and deep dives in order to drive sales and traffic to our stores, focusing both on BAU and more specific events such as Black Friday
- Propose new ideas and new business solutions for both short and long term, with the goal of continuously improving and raising sales effectiveness, while strengthening Brand Retail Standards
- Acts as project manager for key retail operations initiatives and collaborates with the team in ensuring roll-out effectiveness. Runs analysis to monitor the results from the implementation of new initiatives and provide empirical evidence for the recommendations raised
- Provide recommendation to ensure that staffing is in line with the respective customer traffic and support increase in customer conversion rates
- Liaise with the Global and Local Digital Direct Team to improve stores’ traffic and visibility, leveraging on digital-to-physical tools like online booking solution and Google My Business
- Recommend value added activities that will improve agreed retail KPIs
- Take full ownership of the Net Promoter Score (NPS) program for Direct Retail stores worldwide, expanding the program and increasing collected metrics to drive customer experience excellence
- Organize and coordinate regular Store Performance Calls with Group and the Countries to report on progresses and discuss action plans
- Partner with Finance and Supply Chain to define clear Demos’ P&Ls and proper methodologies for BBI cost budgeting/tracking and inventory forecasting/management
Key Skills / Experience
Preferably a Degree in Science majoring in Bachelor's Degree in Management/Economics, Finance, Engineering or Computer Science/Information Technology.
We are looking for someone able to:
- Identify how to motivate and engage individuals in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Use sound Retail and Financial awareness; understands shoppers and how they shop along with financial implications of decisions at a market and company level
- Be aware of the external Retail market and use that knowledge to make sound business decisions
- Be both Experience and Sales focused; driven to exceed expectations
- Be Shopper champion – able to see things from the shopper perspective and go the extra mile to deliver a world class experience
- Use multiple analytics and data systems to make sound business decisions
- Have experience of managing change
- Be comfortable working with complexity and ambiguity at pace
- Be organised and have a logical, pragmatic approach
- Have experience of building local marketing and events calendars and be able to align them to Group strategy
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the state of premium retail, as well as highest standards of client experience.
- Post-graduate experience in a similar position of at least 5 years
- Three plus years with visualization tools like Tableau and Looker
- Three plus years with data Analytics tools, amongst others: Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics
- A plus would be the ability of querying and working with data on a range of database/data warehouse technologies including Microsoft SQL Server and Google BigQuery
- Agility and entrepreneurial spirit to support in finding new approaches and solutions to the challenges of this role.
- Business acumen, numerical agility and forward-thinking vision are solid asset to perform well in our organization
- Able to communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Problem solver and ability to spot areas for improvements.
- Organised, delivery focused and comfortable working on own initiative
- Experience in developing information requirements and taking a project from conceptualization to implementation
- Good knowledge of Retail Industry and business process
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with aggressive deadlines and multiple priorities
- Strong analytical skills and ability to read data and translate them into actions
- Solid experience of coaching and mentoring retail teams
- Can engage in both strategic and tactical thinking as the situation demands
- Self-motivated, dynamic, results-driven and assertive
- Team player, comfortable dealing with all business levels and external suppliers
- Ethical, personal integrity
- Quick learner
- Willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on
- Enjoy challenges and thrives on them
- Attention to detail without losing bigger picture
- Ability to manage multiple and often conflicting tasks
- Innovative problem solving, design and testing skills
BenefitsDyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.