- Retail Operations
- Singapore - Singapore
About the roleThis role will take on the responsibility of coordinating the funding and the programme management all projects owned by the Global Dyson Demo Team. The role will report into the Global Demo Store Operations Director and will be part of the Dyson Demo Store Team, based in Singapore.
This is not your typical Programme Manager role. Dyson is constantly striving to solve the problems others ignore, but that isn’t restricted to our products, it’s also a key mindset we look for in our people.
To excel in this role, you will need to have the ability to build strong relationships not just within the Dyson Demo Global Team, but also across the business – and at all levels of seniority. You will need to thrive in an environment that is constantly changing, be able to switch from a high-level knowledge of a large number of projects to drilling down into the detail to solve problems and ultimately go above and beyond to find solutions to issues that are stopping the team’s ability to deliver. You will need to be decisive, self-driven and curious with the ability to get to the root cause of issues quickly and develop a clear plan of action fast.
At Dyson, we don’t stand still, so you will need to be able to prioritize your workload and expertly manage expectations.
This role involves / requires you to...
- Manage key stakeholder relationships – through regular communication and expectation management
- Clearly communicate strategy to the wider team, coaching people of all levels to ensure initiatives land right, first time
- Embed the Kaizen mindset of continuous improvement across the team
- Accountable for department planning, process, resource planning, design process management and finance & systems
- Ensure full transparency of programmes and projects status across the team
- Budget management and approvals of project costs
- Develop governance processes across all programmes to ensure appropriate checks and balances are in place across the board
- Create and implement processes across the team with a focus on lean principles to create efficiencies in the delivery of projects/work across the department
- Work closely with IT, estates, finance and commercial departments to ensure alignment of priorities and project requirements
- Identifying and implementing IT tools and systems to improve processes and ways of working across the team
- Supporting the wider team on all timeline/delivery challenges on work
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders to improve retail information flow and timelines across commercially focused projects
- Coach and support to improve communication, ways of working and delivery across all projects
- Ensure timelines are consistently met and delivered to on all projects managed
- Have oversight of resource planning for key projects as well as budgetary management for projects within the programmes
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5+ years’ experience in people & training roles
- Substantial project & programme management experience
- Experience of managing the operational side of a business
- Qualified within at least 1 (ideally multiple) programme/project management methodology (i.e. PRINCE2, Agile, WorkFront, APM, Lean Six Sigma etc.)
- Demonstrated capabilities in managing procurement software like SAP Ariba or similar
- Proven track record of driving through a number of complex global projects and programmes
- Strong understanding of commercial & marketing functions within a global business
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and implement practical strategies, plans, and solutions to identified issues and problems.
- Have significant experience of balancing priorities, and deliverables across a large number of demands
- Excellent time management skills – ability to multitask and deal well with ambiguity is imperative
- Comfortable with all presentation formats: small or large group, customer facing, and virtual
- Strong prioritisation, project management and delivery skills
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills, with the ability to influence others in important decisions
- Strong capability to lead and direct cross-functionally, whilst influencing upward and across the business
- Problem solver, with a proactive and solutions orientated mindset
- Resourceful, tenacious, energetic and can-do attitude with a meticulous eye for detail
BenefitsDyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition. #LI-DYSON
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.