- £ Competitive
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson is a global technology company with a unique philosophy, led by James Dyson. We transform every category we enter with radical and iconic re-inventions that work, perform and look very different.
As a technology and engineering pioneer, we currently operate in the categories of Floorcare, Environmental Control, Personal Care, Lighting, and Professional (‘Airblade’ hand dryers). Dyson invented world’s first bagless vacuum with Root Cyclone™ technology, the bladeless fans with Air Amplifier™ technology and most recently we launched the Dyson Supersonic™ hairdryer.
Dyson files hundreds of patents per year, invests millions in research at leading universities around the world, and has a pipeline of technology stretching 25 years into the future. But it remains family-owned, plotting its own path, not bowing to shareholders or reporting to the stock exchange. All this means more investment in risky, exciting, varied and surprising products for the future.
Dyson is growing extremely quickly. This rapid expansion means that we are constantly evolving our teams, re-designing our organisations and introducing new talent, capability and skillsets to meet our growing needs. RDD and Operations is at the heart of Dyson and it is critical that we continue to grow our talent pipeline to feed the demands for growth and continued innovation and excellence.
AccountabilitiesThe Global Talent Management & Development Partner will be responsible for developing the talent function within the RDD and Operations, the Engineering heart of Dyson. They will report to the Global HR Director RDD & Ops and partner with the RDD & Ops leadership teams and HRBP teams to develop, retain, and move talent across Dyson globally. It is possible that in future this role will also have a functional reporting line to the Global Head of Talent and be a part of the Global Talent team.
As in every fast-growing business, there is a need for each individual to be both hands-on and executional, whilst also engaging in strategic thinking for the future.
This person will travel across our RDD sites (Singapore, UK, Malaysia, Philippines and others) to build trusted working relationships with key business stakeholder, and HR teams.
Leading Talent Management & Development
- Lead a global team of 4 direct reports (Talent Partner - SEA & 3 L&D specialists) as well as use indirect influencing and leadership skills across the HRBP community in RDD & Ops.
- Understand the business priorities and organisation capability needs; design, implement and embed a calendar of activities that will enable Dyson to manage and develop our talent
- Develop business partner relationships with key stakeholders across the function in order to support on key talent and critical role decisions.
- Develop strong relationships with the HR teams to know the individuals and business areas well
- Develop strong relationships with Group Talent team to understand our polices and processes, best practice, new thinking and Dyson culture.
- Understand and act as an ambassador for the Dyson talent management philosophy & principles
- Support RDD & Ops in embedding a strong talent management approach including succession planning, talent identification, fast track development and rotation.
- Partner with the leadership and HR teams to implement a cyclical process for talent reviews
- Represent RDD & Ops at regular global talent discussions, ensuring flow of talent into/ out of the function.
- Ensure that regular workshops and training takes place in each market
- Bring expertise and new thinking to our approach to managing talent
- Ensure that we have great data on our talent that we can use for business purposes, feeding this in to Group talent
- Identify top talent across the region and ensure each has a development plan and feature on the Dyson talent map
- Embed and maintain our succession planning process to give visibility for critical roles and key individuals
- On an annual basis, work with the HR teams and Reward team on the forecasting of resource needs to represent the internal flow of talent with the need to recruit new talent
Programmes & Training
- Work with Group Talent colleagues to fully understand the suite of development and training programmes that exist across Dyson.
- Partner with Group Talent team when designing new initiatives to ensure the RDD Function is represented in terms of needs, culture and language requirements
- Champion these programmes across the function
- Your team will also deliver training or facilitate workshops across the RDD & Ops function including team development
- Role model the Dyson behaviours and develop the Dyson culture
SkillsThis role requires a passionate, clear-thinking, tenacious, adventurous and robust leader capable of leading a remote team across a global scope. They will question accepted ways of doing things, defend a point of view, collaborate across the business and have a clear focus on getting things done. They will identify problems and solve them. Most importantly, they will execute with relentlessly high standards at all times, with the future business success of Dyson as their goal.
To accomplish all of the above successfully at Dyson, people invariably have the majority of the following personal traits:
- Commitment to and belief in technology, design and engineering
- Excellent commercial understanding and adept at getting under the skin of what makes Dyson and its people tick
- Good consulting skills and proven judgement of people-based objectivity and intelligence
- Degree qualification ideally in a business or Human Resources related field
- Expertise in talent management and development, or leadership development/ L&D best practice
- Coaching and facilitation at senior levels
- Awareness of what it takes to operate globally.
- Working in a fast-paced team environment with high volume activities and multiple priorities
- Familiar with a matrix-style management structure, with key stakeholders overseas,
- Fast-paced, growing organisation with entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience in engineering environment ideal
- Great people leadership skills.
- Professional, articulate and well-presented
- Confident, calm and influential within the business
- Able to build strong relationships with all stakeholders
- Consultancy and coaching skills
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously, balanced with a team ethos
- Results-driven, takes satisfaction from achieving goals
- Displays diplomacy and empathy with excellent listening skills
- Understands and works well with cultural diversity
- Able to communicate in a succinct and engaging way.
- Able to see the big picture and connect-the-dots
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise/re-prioritise workload
- Can do approach, attention to detail with strong problem solving capability
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines