- £Competitive + bonus
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson is growing at a rapid pace, and the Estates team need to not only anticipate this growth, but also ensure that both new and existing properties are set up, operated and maintained to the expected standard. To create this positive, professional, safe and progressive working environment the estates team needs strong leadership in key areas – Facilities is one of these areas. Our Goods-In facility is a key part of managing our supply chain, and ensuring the Malmesbury campus is supplied efficiently.
Responsible for the goods in/out operation on our Malmesbury campus, ensuring seamless control and movement of delivered items, supported by the site services team. Own the relationship with stakeholders dealing with day to day queries and requests and providing excellence customer service.
- Direct line management of all goods in staff ensuring performance is proactively managed in accordance with Dyson’s policies.
- Take ownership of the goods in/waste management zones and ensure these are fully controlled environments.
- Visibility; develop a customer collection point offering .
- Management; ensure internal resource is suitably developed to implement the agreed strategy.
- Approach; implementation of strategy, introducing appropriate Key Performance Indicators to measure and maintain service performance, with upward reporting of results.
- Constantly challenge existing practices and introduce innovation.
- Strategy; ensure systems and processes are regularly reviewed in order to meet customer needs.
- Service; ensure first class goods in service offering, putting the customer first.
- Responsibility to ensure the goods in zone is kept tidy and well organised, with all equipment suitably maintained.
- Accurate administration of goods in/out using manual and electronics systems as required.
- Control of all vehicle and pedestrian movements within the goods in, recycling and storage zone.
- Work with Dyson security to ensure all goods received/sent are done so securely and in accordance with security policies and procedures.
- Work with the Facilities Manager to review existing processes and implement improvement programme.
- Be an H&S ambassador, ensuring compliance with all H&S policies and procedures in your areas of accountability.
- Support the H&S team in developing our safety culture.
- Complete and contribute towards audits.
- Working with the estates surveyor develop on and off site storage and archive strategy to support the Malmesbury campus.
- Working with the security team ensure the efficient movement of goods in traffic around the campus.
- Accountability for the first class delivery of goods in services across Malmesbury campus.
- Experience of leading teams in a similar organisation.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Leadership; ability to respond, prioritize and implement under pressure, coordinating both internal and external resource to reach the most expedient solution.
- Strong communicator; ability to convey complex issues concisely and accurately.
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence.
- Good analytical skills; to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions.
- Confident; comfortable with interacting with senior executives.
- Credible; ability to demonstrate a level of expertise in order to gain stakeholder confidence.
- Assertive; readiness to press teams and suppliers to take remedial action when required.
- Neutral; ability to shape strategic direction without imposing their own views or prejudices on the outcome.
- Good IT skills - proficiency with Microsoft package software.
- Decisive and willingness to show initiative.
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Performance related bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discount on Dyson machines
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants