- Data Science, Product Design
- Calamba - Philippines
After production begins, we expect to continually refine and improve our product and offerings, ensuring that we identify, review and respond to market feedback. Our sustaining team provide the Design Engineering capability and resources to manage, improve, maintain and expand our multi-category portfolio of current production products. Through this approach we maintain and expand our competitive advantage after product launch.
About the role
- The Senior Design Engineer (Sustaining) role is expected to contribute his / her design engineering capability and collaborate with internal team as well as different cross functional departments globally, although this role will mainly be based in Philippine.
- Define plans, monitor progress and report to management on technical risks.
- Responsible to check and sign off the engineering deliverables, including technical reports, change management, engineering CAD and drawings, etc.
- He / she is expected to deal with different kind of challenging problems, taking the responsibility to develop design solution with a good technical justification and provide engineering deliverable (e.g. 8D reports, prototyping, testing & Analyse the result, engineering CAD & drawings, part approval reports, etc.).
- Qualifying a finish goods from new contract manufacturer down to component level from a new source through Dyson core engineering process and systematic approach.
- In line with the business expansion, our Senior Design Engineer (Sustaining) is required to provide engineering deliverables in order to diversify our product variants and portfolio, as well as delivering a cost-effective design through the systematic value analysis and value engineering approach.
- A degree in a relevant engineering or science discipline or equivalent
- Proven experience worked in basic mechanical/product design principles and the development of products and technologies through prototyping and testing
- Ability to plan, prioritise and co-ordinate with work of others
- Technical and personal credibility to work effectively in cross-functional design teams throughout the project development cycle.
- Proven experience in understanding of multiple tooling and manufacturing techniques.
- Proven experience of delivering creative design solutions that improve upon existing product designs
- A creative and considered approach to problem solving, following clear design processes.
- Practical and methodical design development through hands on rig building, prototyping and testing.
- Ability to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and coordinate with the work of others.
- Data Science or Statistical Tools (Design for 6 sigma, Pareto, DOE, etc.)
- Problem Solving Tools (8D, P Diagram, Fishbone, etc.)
- 3D Modelling and engineering drawing tools (CAD)
BenefitsDyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.