- Location details
We need two designers to join our growing team in the Singapore office, to help us develop world-class internal and external-facing business communications. Both roles will support our lead designer on larger projects, and will involve working directly with our internal clients on smaller ones.
We’re looking for technically-able designers who can execute from day one. You’ll need an excellent understanding of grids and type, and an ability to understand and interpret information in order to communicate it in a clear and visually engaging way. These skills will need to be applied to a wide range of different projects – from graphic schemes for new workspaces, to high-profile presentations for the Executive team, plus everything in-between. You’ll quickly become a guardian of the Dyson identity – providing guidance and direction where necessary.
The Enterprise Communications team is responsible for ensuring that when presenting Dyson as an entity, to both external and internal audiences, we do so in a consistent, relevant and appropriate way. We work alongside the global PR and Internal Comms teams to support our CEO and Executive team, as well as other core business functions, including HR, RDD, Security and Legal. We work closely with these teams to create communications, spanning a range of channels, which reflect our values, philosophy and engineering heritage.
- A degree or equivalent in Graphic Design, and ideally at least 2 years industry experience.
- A passion for design, with an ability to develop information hierarchies and systems that deliver complex messages through clear, balanced composition.
- A strong technical understanding of design, typography and grid systems, as you’ll be setting examples of best practice for others to follow.
- You must be comfortable working to tight deadlines, and be able to efficiently manage your own projects and time.
- Proficient writing skills, as you may have to write your own copy.
- A working knowledge of design production, with experience in creating artwork for print.
- An expert knowledge of InDesign is essential, along with a sound knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator.
- An understanding of moving image software would also be a benefit.
- If you don’t already use it, you’ll need to get to grips with PowerPoint.
At Dyson, we challenge ourselves to do everything better. It’s not always easy, so we need enthusiastic people who are keen to learn and develop their own skills and abilities, and who will take pride in their work. We set the benchmark for graphic design at Dyson, so everything we do has to be perfect. You’ll be working directly with senior stakeholders throughout the company, so you’ll need to be comfortable voicing your opinions, and be able to articulate your ideas confidently and intelligently – and then explain the design principles that support them.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.