- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
The Treasury activity of Dyson is carried out by treasury teams in the UK and Singapore. Treasury is responsible for delivering treasury policy and strategy and for managing group/subsidiary funding, liquidity, financial market risk, cash forecasting and banking/ cash management for the Group.
The treasury operations within Dyson comprise: c. £10bn p.a. of FX transactions; drawings under the £588m RCF bilaterals; three private placements and the efficient management of cash around the Group with nine currency cash pools.
The role supports the Assistant Treasurer in providing an effective and efficient treasury operation for the Dyson group. This includes daily-monthly operational tasks and related projects including oversight of daily dealing through to forecasting and managing group cash flow and FX risk. The Treasury Manager plays a linchpin role in the Treasury department, being at the focal point to control the Group’s cash, FX and related processes and systems.
- To lead the efficient execution of Dyson activity in financial markets, primarily in FX and liquidity. Treasury executes over £10bn of foreign exchange transactions per annum.
- To be responsible for the delivery of the group’s cash forecasting process and reporting.
- To manage the Treasury Dealer, ensure efficiency and effectiveness, ensure or deliver cover for absence, help resolve complex issues.
- To deliver improvement to Dyson’s treasury systems.
- The above will involve engagement with banks (relationship, operational and treasury sales), Dyson senior management and Dyson teams in Finance and subsidiaries.
- 3+ years’ experience of treasury operations in a multi-national group.
- AMCT or MCT qualified or in the final stages of qualification.
- Likely to be a graduate with a good degree but more importantly highly numerate and a logical thinker.
- Good accounting knowledge – possibly qualified.
- Comfortable working in a fast moving and demanding environment typical of a fast growing business.
- Willingness to use initiative in resolving operational issues and naturally drives for results, looking to add value; also energetic, engaging and positive approach.
- A natural team player and leader, ready to give to gain a successful outcome, always ready to help but also able to be assertive and say ‘no’.
- Strong communicator and influencer. Commercially minded. Able to approach and challenge colleagues and bankers, and seeks to understand issues with them.
- Able to independently lead projects to successful outcomes.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines