- Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
- Chicago - USA
- Location details
- Chicago, IL
Dyson is looking for a dynamic and proactive HR professional who will support and contribute to the Human Resources Team to ensure delivery of the Dyson people strategy. They will ensure that Dyson attracts, recruits, retains and develops great people that are passionate about Dyson and its products. They will provide effective employee relations and operational HR support to a specific business unit or business units. The right candidate will want to work collaboratively with the Human Resources team on company-wide initiatives and areas of emphasis including organizational effectiveness, culture and leadership capability development.
AccountabilitiesPartnering with the Business
- Work alongside HR Business Partners (HRBPs) to support front line leaders and employees.
- Work with the HRBPs to champion the performance management and development planning processes.
- Assist HRBPs in communicating timelines and ensuring they are met.
- Deliver the People Strategy by providing solid coaching and support to managers on all aspects of operational and tactical HR.
- Work closely with business leaders to spot opportunities for organizational change which will improve business performance. Support business leaders to plan and deliver the change.
- Support the performance management and personal development planning process and ensure that managers have the skills and capability to maximize the value of the process.
- Promote operational effectiveness by partnering with Total Rewards Team to ensure roles are in line with external and internal benchmarking.
- Build an understanding of your business’ recruitment plans and build relationships with relevant recruitment partners to ensure that they have a thorough understanding of the business and the business’ recruiting needs are being met.
- Facilitate sessions to train and inform managers and employees on topics such as managing performance, development planning, etc.
- Partner with and provide feedback to the Talent Development team on training/development requirements to meet business needs.
- Provide coaching to managers with any issues such as poor performance and attendance management.
- Ensure performance issues are documented properly
- Assist in fact gathering and compilation of data related to complex investigations
- May be involved in more complex leave and accommodation related matters
- Use root cause problem solving approach to resolve employee relations issues
Policies and Compliance
- Recommend policies for assigned business units and for the broader Americas team based on business need and legislative requirements.
- Provides expertise on compliance related matters.
- Be an active contributor to HR functional strategy, understand the objectives of other HR teams and take opportunities to share knowledge.
- Relish the opportunities to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role.
- Identify problems and find solutions.
- Seek out development opportunities to expand knowledge and experience.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business, liberal arts, education, industrial relations or organizational development
- At least 5 years of experience in Human Resources required (recruiting, employment, employee relations, training, etc.)
- Knowledge of HR/employee practices and principles, and applicable labor, pay, benefits, health and safety laws and regulations
- Previous experience handling high level of confidentiality and common sense regarding employee information
- High level of communication skills both verbal and written.
- Commercial awareness.
- Strong project management skills.
- Great relationship building and influencing skills.
- Coaching and mentoring skills and a passion for developing people.
- Excellent planning and time management skills.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office suite skills.
- Some knowledge of HR/employee practices and principles, and applicable labor, pay, benefits, health and safety laws and regulations preferred.
- Ability to work independently without much supervision.
- Ability to take initiative to think outside the box and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong customer service orientation
BenefitsDyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.