- Information Technology
- United Kingdom
This role will be a 6 month Fixed Term Contract initially which may turn into a Permanent role. You will be reporting to the Director of Application Development and Operations and be responsible for:
- Managing a team of in-house, contractor and 3rd party consultancy software developers onshore, near shore and offshore.
- Negotiating contracts, implementing world class WoW, direct operations and developing in-house people to consistently produce robust and smart technology solutions that are fit for purpose.
- Creating and nurturing a professional culture, where individuals take ownership, pride and are fastidious in delivering excellence and quality.
- Instilling a strong can-do attitude and a hunger for enabling the success of a highly dynamic and growing business.
- A senior level software developer with strong and successful technical lead experience
· Experience of leading a team of developers.
- Advanced level (knowledge and experience) of programming languages and methodologies
- Experience of managing, directing and motivating staff to deliver projects with stretching scope and objectives.
- The ability to produce top quality written specifications, strategy and implementation communication.
- Experience at advising key stakeholders at senior and Executive board level.
- Ability to resolve unique and complex problems where facts may be insufficient or misleading.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies is highly desired.
- Experience of working for a consultancy or other professional services organisation.
- Knowledge of programme and project management methods including DSDM / Agile PM and PRINCE2.
- Knowledge of Confluence / Jira
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holiday
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sports centre
- Free on-site parking
- Lift share scheme
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discount on Dyson machines