- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
About the roleThis key position will own and lead the strategic brand management, communication marketing, launch strategies and BBI for the Health & Beauty Category in the market.
Ownership of the category P&L, ensuring right budget shape and spend allocation across paid, owned and earned media, retail activation and non-working investment that meets strategic and business needs
- Full ownership of category P&L – Evaluating to ensure shrewd investment and driving proactive efficiencies for the business.
- Partnering with x-functional business partners and finance to ensure that all spend levers within the category Cost of Acquisition is sufficient, the right shape and driving towards the right objectives.
- Partnering with the “Head of Media” to ensure that the media agencies clearly translate the category vision into media strategy and plans. Challenging efficiency and effectiveness, to ensure spend is driving to the right objective.
- Develop overall communications strategy for the category, taking into account Dyson full brand proposition and voice what makes Dyson different to our competitors. Plan how this cascades across each category to show clear brand differentiation and superiority.
- Own an effective and clear communication plan between Dyson’s central marketing and local sales team to achieve desired results.
- Build effective relationship with PR and Comms team to drive the agenda for (but not limited to) experiential marketing and earned media.
- Work with the category managers to develop communications plans that cross different media, from TV, press, digital, social, down to boxes and tickets.
- Inspire a passion for Dyson technology internally and externally.
- Work with Insight, collect customer knowledge, competitor understanding, market projections. Using these insights to build the overall long term category strategy and vision. Act as the business champion for the category, to ensure everyone is clear on the jobs to be done.
- Manage monthly Category Reviews with the Executive team, to ensure key risks and opportunities for the category are highlighted with relevant solutions for support and decision from the business to be made.
- Partner with the sales team to deliver a joint sales and marketing plan to maximise Dyson’s business in all accounts and an aligned channel strategy.
- Work with the OE lead to deliver excellence Owner Experience through delivering the strategy for the key messaging and conversation delivered via owned channels.
- Work with Communications/PR team to embed earned media into our comms plans as an integrated part of the mix.
- Work with Insight Manager to develop strategies to maximise our sales potential in given target markets and ensure we are fighting against the competition activity. Plan innovative ways to reach these audiences to ensure that Dyson ‘pioneer’ these categories within the market
- Accountable for the overall strategic ranging of the category in the market ensuring the most efficient range to drive market ambition.
- Responsible for building the ranging principles, hierarchy and model for the category.
- Partner with the e-commerce and retail leads to build strong ranging proposals that support strong channel and retailer JBPs
- Empower team members to keep close track of forecasting and stock levels to ensure strategic launches and business as usual in completely de-risked.
- Inspire a passion for our product within the category managers and the wider team. Ensure consumer insight is a key behaviour within all team members.
- Inspire, lead and motivate team through regular feedback, 121s, objectives and career planning.
- Manage processes to ensure that the team is as effective as possible to meet business goals.
- Review insight and data that is available to build a highly engaged team.
- Develop talent and succession plans to ensure that the organisation is future fit.
- Solid marketing background with proven experience at a management level.
- Mandatory to have had experience of category management i.e. simultaneous management of product marketing and communications.
- Strong knowledge of traditional and digital media.
- Line management experience essential.
- Ability to engage with and motivate people.
- Strong analytical skills
- Creative thinker
- Effective presentation skills
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.