- Sydney - Australia
From its beginnings in cyclonic vacuums, Dyson’s portfolio has grown to include five main areas of technology: Cord-free and corded vacuum cleaners, hand dryers, lighting, environmental control machines (purifying fans, heating and cooling fans and humidifiers) and hair styling tools, which are sold in more than 82 countries across the world. We are on a mission to improve our customer’s lives: whether that be by making the the air they breathe safe and clean, or connecting them to high performing machines, which keep their homes clean.
About the rolePioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do. And across our Finance team, we’re proud to be different. And importantly, we support change to maintain our rapid growth.
Our Finance team manages and balances complex budgets across our global business. Multiple regions, multiple categories and covering all aspects of the finance cycle. The team provides control and stability, which enables our family-owned business to be agile, adapt to constant change and focus on growth. Integrated across our global business, the team delivers data and strategy, sharper insight and forecasting that supports commercial decision-making to shape our future.
The role works in close partnership with the Leadership Team to shape the future of Dyson in Australia and New Zealand with strategic and tactical planning, fearless challenging of the status quo and a relentless desire to make the business better.
Acting as the right hand of the ANZ Finance Director, this role leads a team of up to 4 people responsible for commercial support and financial expertise.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Own and lead performance management for all aspect of Sales & Marketing commercial finance, including strategy and ensuring alignment with local functions and Group teams.
- Lead and develop the Integrated Business Planning process: the monthly rhythm of the organisation that delivers the monthly financial LE and forward looking annual plan to ensure robust business performance management and planning.
- Build effective finance business partnering and financial stewardship to drive commercial opportunities.
- Lead the development of business plans and key initiatives to manage financial and non-financial opportunities and risks within the business
- Regular performance tracking with the ANZ Leadership team to understand drivers of financial performance and subsequent production of intra-monthly updates and monthly reporting and analysis.
- Improve visibility and governance of commercial drivers including sales out, trade stock, BBI spend, promotional spend, pricing corridors, terms and channel profitability.
- Lead the demand team and build a robust demand forecast process over the tactical and strategic time horizons using market based insights to improve forecast accuracy.
- Lead capability development in all aspects of commercial management including the finance function, retailer terms management, promotional spend and BBI.
- Generate actionable insights from analysis of the external environment, competitors and the internal Dyson business
- Support ANZ leadership with ad hoc analysis, reporting and projects; influence cross functionally to ensure that analysis delivers action.
- Develop strong relationship with Group Finance teams to ensure efficient information flow and dissemination of best practices within ANZ, Group and Global finance teams.
MUST ALWAYS INCLUDE:
- Achieve a standard of excellence in our work processes and outcomes, ensuring adherence to Dyson policies and all relevant regulatory and legal requirements.
- Promote and demonstrate Dyson behaviours.
- Promote, implement and comply with health and safety procedures.
- Minimum ten years experience in financial, strategic and general business management in medium sized or large multi-divisional organisation
- Experience across financial planning and analysis across the full P&L
- Ideally with some consumer goods or retail industry experience
- Management and development of a high performing team
- Qualified and experienced accountant
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, experience with Onestream and Tableau would be beneficial
- Able to work cross functionally and build partnering relationships with different markets and functional stakeholders
- Ability to drive and deliver change
- Strong logical mind-set and ability to review large data sets and prioritise key information
- Attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- An aptitude and strong appetite to develop systems and processes in order to drive efficiencies and insight to the business
- The ability to work to strict reporting deadlines
- Flexible in approach with strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Discretion when dealing with confidential information
- Strategic thinking
BenefitsAt Dyson, our people are at the heart of everything we do. We value you bringing yourself to work and we want to deliver an employee experience that matches the quality we give to our customers. Outside of a competitive salary and sales bonus, our team members receive generous product discounts, additional paid annual leave, paid parental leave and ongoing learning and development opportunities. You will be provided with all tools of trade (laptop, phone and company car). Innovation is in our DNA and we are excited to adopt new ways of doing things differently, and better.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.