- Base + performance based bonus + competitive benefits
- Retail Sales
- Seoul - South Korea
To define and drive the long term strategy to aggressively grow the Korea direct business. This role will play an important voice at the leadership table, providing a strong and challenging influence across the entire market leadership team bringing thought leadership and energy to challenge their market’s traditional retailer sales strategies by continuously developing new and existing direct channel alternatives. The incumbent will need to navigate the early ambiguity they will face whilst establishing the positioning, ways of working and ongoing rhythm of the role to champion for the direct approach.
1. Set the market vision for direct customer selling and experiences through both existing and new channels.
- Be a visible and inspiring figurehead, leading the charge to bring direct customer opportunities to life; build and maintain the interest, confidence and momentum that rapidly boosts the range and effectiveness of direct channels.
- Define the long term strategy to build a sustainable direct business, based on local market dynamics and Dyson group principles.
- Create and galvanise people behind clear strategic plans that will fully exploit direct opportunities whilst growing overall market profitability and protecting the Dyson brand.
2. Develop the trading framework and own performance of direct sales (volume and revenue),
- Take accountability for the P&L for direct revenue generation.
- Own, drive and track the relevant target(s), including overall performance and planned sales volumes (annual, monthly, etc).
3. Deliver the strategy to aggressively grow the market’s percentage of direct business in both the immediate and longer term.
- Drive first class execution of direct strategies and activities across the wide range of customer touchpoints – both digital and physical, e.g.
Dyson website, e-commerce
Owned, Dyson branded stores (in relevant markets)
Demo zones, live events, pop-up stores, experiential marketing, strategic partnerships
Dyson outlet store
“Store in Store” at major e-retail site in Korea
Work collaboratively with all relevant teams – in market and in the Group commercial teams – to develop and ensure that all necessary building blocks (people, processes and systems) needed to deliver against direct ambitions are effectively in place.
Provide direct line management of direct selling functions (such as e-commerce and Dyson owned retail stores) as appropriate for the specific market. Considering price issue, it is necessary to develop and deploy on-line sales strategy with sales team.
Provide the strong and broad based, cross-functional leadership necessary to assure participation, collaboration and consistent delivery of the agreed direct strategies by the range of ‘matrixed’ customer facing functions, e.g.,
Sales -KA field teams, demonstrators
Customer Service – contacts centres,
Marketing – digital delivery experts
Bring a single-minded focus to strive for seamless, advocacy-creating direct customer experiences.
Ensure customer journeys across direct channels make sense and always deliver.
Collaborate closely with functions that impact customer delivery – e.g., logistics, supply, property.
Bring personal passion to safeguard the wide range of operational details impacting direct customer experiences – whether store experience, store property portfolio considerations, local web functionality, etc.
4. Test, learn, share and continuously grow direct capabilities.
- Actively engage with the virtual, global direct leadership team; share own market findings, explore new ideas, and borrow inspiration from other markets and industries.
- Review resource and capability requirements to continue expansion of direct business.
Prior work experience in direct sales businesses, with relevant experience of flagship store management, mass demos and e-commerce (7-10 years).
Leading direct organisations
Managing in a matrix culture
Commercial sales would need to be coupled with experience of premium brand, beyond pure retail trading.
Marketing could be a good fit, provided experience is commercial and aligns with the requirements above.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive compensation package which will include a base salary and annual performance bonus scheme.