- Stockholm - Sweden
Much has changed since James Dyson launched the bagless vacuum that started our business. In the time since, Dyson engineers have invented heat-free hand dryers, bladeless fans, long-life LED lighting and even our own digital motor. Today, vacuums represent just half of our sales. And Dyson has even broader ambitions still. With a future technology pipeline spanning 25 years, the next few are set to be our busiest yet.
OverviewThe Head of Direct will be responsible for creating the vision and business strategy of the Dyson Nordics Direct Business. As a leader in the business you will be tasked with building and evolving a complex team centred on delivering world class owner experience. Direct is an integral part of the Dyson business and continues to grow across a wide range of owner touchpoints; e-commerce, direct stores, concession stores, events, TV shopping and customer services. The Head of Direct is the central point of owner experience for the brand and is part of a global network of direct leaders throughout the Dyson global management team.
1. Set the market vision for Dyson’s direct sales in the Nordics. This covers both online and physical retail channels.
- Be a visible and inspiring figurehead, leading the charge to bring direct customer opportunities to life; build and maintain the interest, confidence and momentum that rapidly boosts the range and effectiveness of direct channels
- Define the long term strategy to build a sustainable direct - online business, based on local eCommerce market dynamics and Dyson group principles
- Define the long term strategy for building and maintaining physical Dyson direct retail space where Dyson owners can get the full Dyson experience
- Create and galvanise people behind clear strategic plans that will fully exploit eCommerce market’s opportunities whilst growing overall market profitability and protecting the Dyson brand.
2. Develop and drive own performance of direct - online sales and physical Retail (volume and revenue)
· Take accountability for the P&L for direct – online and physical Retail revenue generation
· Own, drive and track the relevant KPIs, in respect to performance vs targets (daily, weekly, monthly, annually)
· Drive operational excellence in site development, order fulfilment and change request management in order to support sales growth in eCommerce business as well as ensuring business opportunities by developing new online business channels and platforms
· Initiate implementing and developing all eCommerce business related systems
· Review security standard to provide safe and stable online commerce experiences to consumers as well as to meet the local market’s required standard
· Lead system security and stability including back-end infrastructure and front-end webpage through excellent eCommerce operations together with the team and group in regular basis
· Lead the overall online Sales business channels strategy by developing annual specific plans to deliver online channel growth
· Lead online Sales business channels requirement and retail initiatives in collaboration closely with Direct Sales, Marketing and group function partners
3. Deliver the strategy to aggressively grow the market’s percentage of direct in both the immediate and longer term.
- Implement global strategy for the development and management of eCommerce business and Direct Physical Retail in the Nordics
- Drive first class execution of direct strategies and activities across the wide range of customer touch-points – both digital and physical, e.g. Dyson website and e-commerce marketplace
- Provide direct line management of direct - online selling functions (such as e-commerce and marketplace) as appropriate for the specific market
- Provide the strong and broad based, cross-functional leadership necessary to assure participation, collaboration and consistent delivery of the agreed direct strategies by the range of ‘matrixed’ customer facing functions, e.g.,
- Customer Service – contacts centres
- Marketing – digital delivery experts
- Supply Chain – S&OP and After sales Experience
- Group Retail – store builds/ updates, group retail strategy
- Finance – P&L management for each direct location, investment in new build
- Retail Execution / Implementation – build and maintenance of store
- HR – recruitment and management of staff
- Bring a single-minded focus to strive for seamless, advocacy-creating direct - online customer experiences.
- Ensure customer journeys across direct channels
- Prior work experience in direct eCommerce businesses combined with relevant experience of flagship store management, mass demos and e-commerce (7-10 years).
- Leading direct organisations
- Managing in a matrix culture
- Commercial sales would need to be coupled with experience of premium brand, beyond pure retail trading.
- Marketing could be a good fit, provided experience is commercial and aligns with the requirements above.
· Team player leading by example
· Adaptable/flexible – able to multi task
· Strong communicator
· Budget planning & accountability
· Willingness to travel
· Strong drive and motivation
- Health & Fitness allowance
- Discount on Dyson products