- Warsaw - Poland
Dyson invented world’s first bag-less vacuum with Root Cyclone™ technology, and also the bladeless fans with Air Amplifier™ technology. Currently Dyson holds 4,550 patents and patents holding, and have a team of over 2,000 engineers and scientists. Dyson also holds a Queen’s Award for Innovation.
Dyson vacuum cleaners are now available in 70 countries worldwide, and on average one machine is sold every 5 seconds. 90% of our machines are sold overseas; this was 30% just 10 years ago. Dyson was recently awarded the Queen’s Award for International Trade, which reflects the company’s growth over the last few years. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer by value in the UK, US, Europe, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, and Australia.
Dyson Poland launched in 2017, opening its office in Warsaw and quickly becoming one of the leading small home appliances brands in Poland, focusing on vacuum cleaners, air purification and beauty. Dyson E-commerce team is small and dedicated group of people focused on delivering best online customer experience and growing online sales as one of the important channels for whole company.
About the roleLeadership, team-building and development of talent
• Lead an e-commerce team, ensuring the team is motivated, develops targets and delivers/outperforms against them.• Work closely with the GM and other teams to ensure overall business goals are aligned and the team works collaboratively.• Share broader responsibilities of the leadership team as required• Build, develop and promote a strong ecommerce team. Inspire, lead and motivate the team through regular feedback, 1:1’s, personal development plans and objectives• Identify gaps in knowledge and skills in the team and build appropriate training solutions; develop talent and succession plans• Act as a key liaison between Dyson HQ and Dyson Poland to leverage group practice and develop bespoke approaches where necessary
Grow Dyson ecommerce KPI’s on pure digital platforms, with full P&L responsibility
• Grow annual e-commerce sales volumes, revenues and market share across platforms working collaboratively with the Sales team to ensure targets are delivered overall, that the online/offline experience is integrated, and forecasts are tight and tied in with demand/supply planning• Drive effective channel strategies that optimize e-commerce opportunities and Dyson profitably in line with Poland goals• Leverage the Digital budget to deliver the best ROI• Develop a deep understanding of the market and other pure digital retail and their objectives. Align plans for long term growth• Build a deep understanding of 3rd party (marketplaces, pure players) and other direct platforms to ensure Dyson develops shared plans for long term growth• Develop dyson.pl as a direct platform
Deliver online brand experience
• Ensure a flawless experience (content, service, interaction) through all owned and controlled spaces• Ensure Dyson digital media campaigns support the launch and initiative calendar as agreed with marketing, sales and PR to best drive awareness, perception, traffic and sales as targeted• Partner HQ and other functions such as IT, Finance, Ops, Creative, Group digital, customer service to ensure the team have the infrastructure and tools to deliver what is required• Work collaboratively with internal partners to establish the best platform to maximize registrations and deliver the best owned media experience for owners and prospects across all owned digital mediaInstil experimentation and improvement, shared knowledge, measurement, analysis and optimization• Ensure regular reporting and instil a data-driven approach in the team• Encourage “survivable experimentation”; encourage and nurture a culture of continual learning and growing across the team and in each individual
- More than 5 years’ experience in E-Commerce, ideally in premium branded products/retail
- Passion for E-Commerce and relevant market knowledge
- Proactivity, ability to quickly adapt into a new organization and high energy level
- Hands-on mentality, dynamic and collaborative personality, interest of working in a fast paced and continuously changing environment
- Creative & Entrepreneurial
- High paced + high discipline
- Sees ambiguity as opportunity
- Entrepreneurial sprit and results driven
- Driven by a desire to win and for continuous improvement
- Strong team player, approachable and supportive
Candidates will demonstrate well-developed skills in the following areas:
Change Driver/Influencer: The successful candidate has demonstrated the ability to rally an organization across functions and levels and drive transformative change. S/he is able to make a compelling case for change and engage others on the journey to successful implementation of new ideas and processes.
Commercial Orientation: The ideal candidate has a successful track record of identifying commercial opportunities and capitalizing on them. S/he has demonstrated the ability to discern the largest revenue and profit opportunities for the business and prioritize them.
Strategic Orientation: The ideal candidate takes a broad view of the market, synthesizing disparate pieces of information into a cohesive set of decisions and actions. S/he is able to think in the short and long-term about category opportunities, and understands the broader company impact of category results. Data is at the core of his/her decision-making process, but s/he achieves balance between time needed to gather and analyse data and speed to act.
- Retirement: 3% company contribution
- Life assurance: 12 months’ salary
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment: 12 months’ salary
- Medical: Employee cover + opportunity to buy additional cover for family
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Wellness account: gym membership, additional health services, movie tickets
- Annual leave: 20 days for less than 10 years’ service, more than 10 years’ service is 26 days
- Product discount 3 x 40%
This is a fixed term contract for 9 months
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.